About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 33756 views.
Jatchat

Jan-21

Thanks Brenda,

The gum and the patches seem to be working for me now, i hope that is the case moving forwards.

Congratulations on four months.

Kind regards

Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 155
Lizzie1979

Jan-21

Hi guys, 

Today was supposed to be my day one but I caved .. AGAIN I’ve been in and off here for the last two years , got two months and then more recently one week. I know this time when I do this, it is NOPE all the way never just one as it never is ... I have a lot going on at the moment and it’s going to be hard but there is never a right or easy time is there. Thank you for your support and words of encouragement, this will be my last packet !!! 

Lubbercat

Jan-21

Lizzie

Welcome.  I think there are a lot of us repeat offenders........I have had quits over the last 6 months that are anywhere from 1 day to 1 1/2 months..........This time I am at 3 weeks and I hope that 2020 is the year that I will not smoke at all!  That is my goal.  All the times you don't smoke, and then cave.......makes it harder in some ways but you can learn a lot along the way.  Keep track of what makes you cave and then be prepared the next time of how you are going to get through those specific times!  

Good luck

Lizzie1979

Jan-21

Thank you .. Well done on your 3 weeks that’s awesome it Definately does make it harder it’s not something you can hope is going to happen, you have to believe you can do it. The silly thing is I know how much better I feel when I’ve quit, so much more alive and happy.

Jatchat

Jan-21

Well done Lizzie,

I am a serial quitter, but this time I am using patches and gum, plus I have quit smoking counselor I see and Quitline a phone support service, don't be afraid to  reach out, this group is marvelous and there is always somebody to chat to.

Congratulations on making this your last pack

Kind regards

Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 159
SusanK1960

Jan-22

Hello January quitters,
if 1/1/2020 was your quit date, then you have completed the 2nd of the icky threes, so good job!

Nicotine has been flushed from your body, so future “craves” may be due to hunger, anger, lonely (depressed) or tired.  (H.A.L.T.) Take time to analyze which of these it could be causing these feelings. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/four-steps-that-defeat-the-urge-to-smoke-2824748

Lubbercat

Jan-22

You will feel lots better, the change is amazing.  However, you have to go through the quit to get to the other side.......I keep telling myself, the worst part is over and it will only continue getting better.

Lubbercat

Jan-22

Yes, the icky 3's should be done.........Life is not so bad right now and we just have to keep pushing forward.......

Jatchat

Jan-22

Well I quit on the 19th Jan. so I guess I have the first of  the Icky threes under my belt. March on have to get through my fifth day barrier, Expecting a call from my phone counselor today, looking forward to that.

Hot weather heading our way today 40 degrees C forecast (104 degrees F)

Beware of H.A.L.T.

Kind regards

Anthony (95 Hours)

nomosmok

Jan-22

Hi ModMarge

Today is my first day. I quit last night, Tuesday 1/21/20 at 7:34pm. Not my first quit but I’m praying it’s my last. I can use all the support I can get. 
Thanks

nomosmok