About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-3 by ModDee; 26673 views.
nomosmok

Jan-30

Hi Anthony

How excellent!  Putting down “non-smoker”!!!  Congratulations!  You’re doing a great job!  Maybe it’s just my gut instinct but I think we’re both going to be successful this time, Anthony. We’ve had enough time “practicing” for this. Lol. 
Did you get any good photos this morning?  I’d love to see them. It must be awful with all that smoke in the air.
And yes, photography is art. I am a clay potter. I hand build pots out of clay. I love every aspect of building pots - from kneading the clay to building the pot to glazing it to taking it out of the kiln.  There are people who really like my art & people who pay me for my art so it’s a good thing. 
yes, I made a list of 10 minute tasks only because I knew when I went into craving I wouldn’t be able to think of one - my mind would go blank!  This way I don’t even have to think... I just go to my list & pick one!  Lol. My hardest time is when I take the dog out for a walk. I ALWAYS had a smoke with me when we went out because I didn’t smoke in the house. So now it’s a trigger. I usually pop a mint & think about something else. 
sorry, I’m rambling here. Hope you have a wonderful smoke free day. Remember, there’s nothing so earth shattering that a cigarette will make better. 
nomosmok

ex-tobacco user 1/21/20 7:34pm

Jatchat

Jan-30

These two are the pic of the bunch, as you can see the bottom half of the sun is reddish, caused by the smoke haze. The two birds on top of the Rocks are Cormorants, if you want to see more of my photos just head to Facebook and do a search for 'J Anthony Turner Photography'.

Great your a Potter, do you have any photos of your work, I would love to see them. if that's OK. Pottery  is a highly skilled craft.

It was a bit of a reality check when I wrote non-smoker on that form I had to think twice. LOL

I have another appointment for 1 PM for the osteoarthritis in my left hip.

Well I am not feeling tired yet, I will after lunch.

Take care

Anthony (3 Days)

nomosmok

Jan-30

Hi Anthony

Three days!  Congratulations!  You’re doing a great job!  Keep up the good work!  Whatever you’re doing, Anthony, is working!  Bottle it & drink it everyday with your tea!  Lol

i love both pictures. I will look up your photography on FB. Probably tomorrow... I’m starting to fade for this day. 

Oh my!  I just realized I just began day 10. Double digits for me!  It’s been a long while since I’ve gotten to double digits!!!  
I hope your appointment for your hip osteoarthritis went well. My second appointment today was with my Rheumatologist for my “poly arthritis”. She’s prescribing a new medicine to hopefully take away some of the pain & swelling. Getting old is not for the weak. Just think how much more energy & stamina we’ll now have to deal with our aches & pains now that we don’t smoke anymore!!!  My pain level I think has actually gone down a bit.

Another day almost over & we’ve gotten through smoke free. If we string enough of these one day at a times together, Anthony, we can start getting months together!!! 
Hmmm... I’ll have to see if I remember how to attach photos to a message then I’ll send a couple of pics of my art. I don’t work on a wheel... I hand build with slabs or mostly with coils. Sometimes I’ll do pinch pots but the majority of my work is coils. I’ll work on sending a couple of pics. You have a wonderful, healthy, smoke free day.

nomosmok

In reply toRe: msg 225
ModDee

Jan-30

Greetings  January 2020  Ex-Smokers 

Tomorrow is moving day.  It is the last day of the month, and your January group will move from the 'Introduction/Newcomers' folder to a permanent home under the  'Quit Buddies Unite' folder.   You will still be able to post one another as usual but your home will move, that's the only difference.  

If you look to the left-hand column under 'DISCUSSIONS' there are several headings (folders) as you go down the list.   The Quit Buddies Unite folder is about the 4th or 5th one down, right after General Chit-Chat.  

Please continue to support each other on your journey to freedom.   Your quit buddies are a precious gift.

Have a great smoke free day as you continue your smoke-free journey

(((Hugs)))

Note:  Other than the current month's welcome thread, posting activity is what keeps threads near the top of a folder.  The placement is determined by the latest date/hour of posts within a thread.

nomosmok

Jan-30

Thanks Dee!  See you there!

nomosmok

ex-tobacco user 1/21/20 7:34pmb

In reply toRe: msg 229
ModDee

Jan-31

Have a Great Smoke Free Day!

(((Hugs)))

Jatchat

Jan-31

Thanks nomosmok,

Your pottery is absolutely unique and your glazes extraordinary, well done.

Woke up early this morning nothing new about that, The Junkie thinking is creeping in this morning but I have told him to go away. He is banished from the kingdom forever, tied up in chains, threaten me no more. LOL a bit of religious imagery there.

Its the first of February here lets make this a clean month, weekend also, throughout January I smoked through every weekend, so I have to reverse the plot.

Feeling a bit down today, have poured my morning coffee perhaps that will cheer me up.

Great work your pottery you should be proud of yourself

Take care

Anthony 3 Days

nomosmok

Jan-31

Hi Anthony

Thank you for complimenting my pottery. I’m sorta in a rut right now & really need to get my hands back into the clay. I love doing it so much, I suspect as much as you love doing your photography. 
I’m feeling a bit down today myself. Could be the weather. It’s just cloudy & dreary & has been for too long.  Also the junkie thinking tried to nab with a good one this morning.  I just had to switch around my routine by minutes & I lost him!  Hahaha. 
I need to get out of here & take care of some business things today. A new challenge without a smoke this quit. I know we can do it!  
You are doing well getting through the icky 3’s!!!  I hate naming them like that because we have good days & bad days. We just don’t pick up a cigarette regardless of what’s going on. So what’s your plans for a smoke free day today?

nomosmok

Jatchat

Jan-31

Probably go for a short walk and start an exercise plan for my hip. Not much. do some video You Tube watching, read a book maybe.

Ring Quitline a phone counseling service. and I have to keep today free from smoking, four days coming up.

Congratulations on your double figures 11 days coming up

Predicted top temperature of 110 degrees Fahrenheit weatherwise. Stay cool.

Keep on keeping on top of this quit

Kind regards

Anthony