About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 37948 views.
SusanK1960

Aug-1

Apologies for the belated acknowledgement, Maja.  Congratulations on another month of being smokeless!  I hope your are feeling the rewards of your labors and have the confidence in knowing you are in it to win it! 

SusanK1960

Aug-1

Hi DebraAnne, 
I applaud your efforts in completing another month of awesomeness!  I hope you are doing well and know you are still supported on this journey.  Congratulations!

SusanK1960

Aug-1

How awesome do you feel Dan?  I think you are doing AMAZING!  I hope all thoughts of doubt have been replaced with confidence!   Don’t forget to reward yourself for a job well done!

DanJF3

Aug-1

Thanks for the acknowledgement and support Susan.  It is much appreciated!

I hope you are doing well yourself and yes, 7 months in and I do feel good about this quit.  Unlike previous quits I really am trying to focus on one day at a time and having the mindset that I am not going back to smoking.  The craves still periodically pop up but they aren't very strong and so far nothing I can't handle.  

Enjoy your weekend!

Dan

Majomar

Aug-2

Hi, Susan, thank you so much!

I do need some positive feelings to back up the struggle. I'm still smoke-free, although I haven't found my peace yet.

There are still many situations that make me anxious, and the old way was lightning up a cigarette, I don't do that anymore and still have to get used to it. I still eat too much to calm down when the crisis hits. But I'm not giving up. Just patiently waiting for my freedom and taking it day by day.

Thank you and congratulations to all of you staying strong! We can do it!

Love,

Maja

In reply toRe: msg 626
Anne2020

Sep-3

I rejoice in 8 months of not one puff ever - well done to all my fellow January  2020 quitters!  

In reply toRe: msg 627
Anne2020

Sep-18

Is there no-one else quit in January 2020?

Eve1973

Sep-18

I’m not sure. I quit 1/30/2020......but didn’t find this forum til February, so I joined that one technically.  But congrats to you!