About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 28494 views.

Hey Chris,

Big congratulations on one full month smoke free.  Way to go.  

ModDee

Mar-1

Chris, you're doing a great job with your quit.  The first month is an awesome achievement because you have proven to yourself that you really can do this.  It still may be a roller coaster ride for a while but with this first month under your belt, you've established a solid foundation on which to move forward.

Best wishes as always,

(((Hugs)))

In reply toRe: msg 340
ModDee

Mar-1

Happy Sunday, February 2020 Winners

Nobody consciously makes a commitment to a lifetime of smoking. If we could have seen the trap and realized what was at stake, maybe we would have thought twice. But we already half-believed the myths about pleasure, relaxation and all the rest of it. The biggest lie of all; you can stop any time you want to. The other big lie is you can have just one. Education about our addiction is a huge, huge key to success. Quitting smoking is hard for most people. It takes patience, trust, and commitment to the goal. Education is also a powerful ally - the more you learn about the effects of tobacco, the less value cigarettes will have for you. Learn to hate the habit, and you'll have the leverage to help you become smoke-free and stay that way for good. 

You may be struggling a bit but I know you can do this. If you're tempted to have "Just One" promise yourself that before you do you will sign on to the forum and post to at least three of your quit buddies and tell them what's going on, wait for a response, or post three encouraging posts to other member before you take that step. Posting encouragement to others helps to strengthen your own resolve to keep your freedom,  besides, I think it's really kind of hard to smoke while posting encouragement to someone else at the same time :-) 

Have a great smoke free day!

(((Hugs)))

In reply toRe: msg 341
ModDee

Mar-1

You may have already read this, but it's well worth a re-read!

(((Hugs)))

Eve1973

Mar-1

Reading already, only a couple chapters in, not sure will be done by Thursday, but you have motivated me to read more! 

Thanx EVE

Eve1973

Mar-1

Hi Hap, 

She doesn’t know yet, but she will! How are your dreams? Have they been snake free? Last night I had my 2nd dream about smoking. In my dream I accidentally light up, take a few puffs and yell at myself, and throw away. I think that’s a great sign! At least I’m not enjoying it.

Eve1973

Mar-1

Thanx Susan,

Love My Ducky!!!

Hapjap

Mar-1

Haha, no more nose snakes. I remember those smoking dreams from past quits. It’s just amazing what our brains can drum up. Last night I had several drinks with neighbors in my garage. My garage is evil, that’s where I smoked. 80% of last night was easy. However, I did take several deep breaths. Building quit muscles.

SusanK1960

Mar-1

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on your first star!  Isn’t it awesome how much better you feel after only one month of being smoke free?  I hope you take time to note all the changes you have noticed.  This can help you in times of weakness as to how tough smoking is on our bodies.  

Determined3

Mar-1

Hi Everyone.

Touching based after a few days off the site.

Tomorrow is the start of week 4 for me. I made it through the icky 3rd week. 

ModDee I wanted to ask how do I start a message to no one in particular as opposed to having to reply to a message to get onto the messaging forum thread? Like in this instance where I just want to say hello, I am here but in not particular response to anyone's message.  

Sounds like everyone is doing great and dealing with the challenges. 

My lungs feel good!