About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 50789 views.
Eve1973

Nov-16

Lol....so I’m looking at your message and you tell me to have a cigarette funeral.......keep forgetting.....yep still have. Wanted to throw in fire pit but always seem to forget. Some day I will! 

CC to Jules55
Loreficent

Nov-16

OMG. Eve! Do you know how awful those things would be now? Not only cause YOU DON’T SMOKE, but they are like the most stale dead smokes EVER! 
Jules...how about you?? Yours were in your trunk last I heard and you were gonna have a funeral too!

Im very interested in what you guys think about when you remember you have them? Is it a comfort? A reminder? A constant test that every day you don’t smoke makes winning feel better? I kind of understand that. For me it is like cookies in the house. I just keep walking by thinking how I don’t want a cookie. That makes no sense, but it really doesn’t bother me they are there. Until I really really want one! So I wait until they are almost gone, like 3 or 4 left, then I eat some, but never will eat the last one, so then I now I’ve only had 2 or 3, where as if I would have started when they were first out of the oven, I would eat 2 dozen!! Lol! Man...the things we do, right?

OK...the other thing is...there is a theory from some simpleton that fallen trees dry out and lay there and then all of a sudden they self combust and there is a HUGE forest fire. I highly recommend you guys get rid of those smokes before they do this and burn your house or car down! Hahaha! 

CC to Jules55
  • Edited November 16, 2020 12:12 pm  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Nov-16

Ok Eve...set me straight. So you quit on January 30th, but joined forum in February, right? Or did you quit February 30th and we are in same month? I’m trying really hard to get these anniversaries down!

Eve1973

Nov-16

I’m definitely not going to smoke them.......it would be disturbing to my lungs and my brain....lol. Honestly I forget they are there. I used to puff away in my basement and play on PC in morning. Now I only go down there for wash or to pay bills. So when I pay bills they are still sitting on my desk.....then I remember them. Once in a blue moon.........and I mean this......very rarely I pick one up and just take a drag without lighting......honestly that calms me sometimes when having an awful day. Then I move on. Actually I’m quite happy about not smoking. I don’t have to sneak off during family functions, no more hanging out in rain.....cold coming soon, and or constant wondering what I smell like to others.

So to answer your question......is it a comfort......probably in the beginning, now more like HAHA I beat you! I really feel like it’s an old bad toxic friend......we had good times but it was time to move on, and it doesn’t fit in my life right now plus with this virus......it’s best that my lungs can heal. I may have a long way to go....but the healing has begun and no matter what it’s a great thing!  So it’s probably like when you see your wedding picture from the EX ......you remember how happy you were that day, glad you had the time you did with the EX, otherwise you wouldn’t have daughter, but it turned toxic and you needed OUT! So that sums up my relationship to cigs!

Omg.....,I wrote a Lore thought

Loreficent

Nov-16

Wow, Eve! That is the most I’ve seen you write and it is so good!! Perfect analogy too with the Ex. Except now I just look at the pictures and remember how much hair he had! joy But, yes, you are right. I think it is good to remember our smoking selves. Not so much in the romantic kind of “I wish I were smoking” kind of way, but a balanced kind of honest way. I have no doubt whatsoever that you wouldn’t ever light one  of those. Different things work for different people and I totally get the early days where you said you would see them and it sometimes calms you. I also totally get the way you look at them now. These little rolled tubes of grass (as Jaka saidjoy) that used to have all this control and now you can look at them with the feeling of something you conquered. I also remember DBAnne being in a huff when I said I read about how folks could carry them as a comfort and I thought I could do that and she took it all personal and chewed me out like I was blaming her for my slip. It wasn’t that, it was my junkie thinking “oh, I’ll get some and just have my comfort with me and not open” and that lasted all of two minutes. So we are all so different and whatever works for one, works for one. You may have those there the rest of your life, and who cares right? I’m so happy you do actually as they made you write a novella! Hahahaha! joystuck_out_tongue_winking_eyekissing_heart

Loreficent

Nov-16

Wait a minute...February doesn’t have a 30th! OMG. Wasn’t finished with coffee yet!joy

Eve1973

Nov-16

Lore, February never had a 30th.........in a whispered tone.

Lmao really loud! 

correct, stopping this addiction is not a science......what works best for One person may not be the recipe for the next person. So no matter what you do to stop yourself from smoking is correct.....everyone is made up of different DNA, so if this virus has taught us one thing is that it effects everyone different, and stopping smoking is a also personal feat. So what I’m trying to say is DO WHATEVER IS BEST FOR YOU! I said that loud in case someone other than you reads this Lore.

I know you know that. 

Loreficent

Nov-16

Ok, so...you are JANUARY 30th, right?? LMAO too!joy

Wow, was just going through this thread. It is kind of inspiring to see where we were, right??blush We are doing good Eve! 

Eve1973

Nov-16

We are!  I don’t think I would be here without the support I received from you and Susan, Jersey Dee, Peggy and everyone else. It’s so so amazing! 

Loreficent

Nov-16

Well, as long as my Novellas and natter don’t drive you to smoking, it’s good!joy

I agree...most definitely wouldn’t be here without you all! I’m gonna toast my Forum Family with the World’s Best Chocolate Milk! Yay!!heart_eyes