About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 16775 views.
TinyBadger

Aug-29

W00t! W00t! You're on a roll! How awesome is it to be smoke free!?!?! You should do something nice for yourself, even if it's just buying a book. I'm so proud of you!

TinyBadger

Aug-29

So I went crunchy shopping today and they carry synergy and kevita. Not many flavors, though. For almost 5 bucks a bottle. Sheesh.

xvaper

Aug-29

I think maybe ice cream!

Loreficent

Aug-29

Wow!

Id skip that and go with what you know, like ice cream. Synergy here is $3.29, sometimes on sale for $2.99 and Kevita is same. Must be a supply/ demand thing with all these crunchy people here, LOL!!!

TinyBadger

Aug-29

Well the crunchy store is really small, and it's not like it's packed full of people. I bet it is about supply and demand. Man, it's rough eating healthy. The bakery there makes fig and honey bars (kind of like fig newtons) and they are delicious. I picked up some potato rolls, too. The local bakery supplies the crunchy store and they have some pretty tasty vittles. I do love me some baked goods. It's funny that a tub of organic gelato is cheaper than kombucha.

Loreficent

Aug-29

WoooHooo!! Congratulations! That is wonderful. Feels better right?

it will get better all the time. Sorry didn’t reply sooner, had about one minute to let Tiny know to get ice cream instead of the expensive Kombucha and that was all the time I had! Hope you celebrated good today...something with real butter! Hahaha!

xvaper

Aug-30

Yea, I had some icecream too! to celebrate. I sinned. But it's once in a blue.  Thank you!

TinyBadger

Aug-30

Was it the vegan kind? I've heard the almond ice cream isn't that bad...or.did you go for the gusto? I'm on day 81 and on 90 I'm going to have a home made cupcake. 

xvaper

Aug-30

Im sorry to say it was not. They did not. have a vegan one where we went. I sinned. But some of the vegan ice-creams are pretty good, but I don't like almond or soy milk, I like oat.

TinyBadger

Aug-30

I've never had oat milk. Never even heard of it. Most of the options here are similar to rice dream or silk. I imagine it must be hard to have issues with lactose or be vegan in more rural communities. We grow a lot of meat round these parts.