About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 17776 views.
TinyBadger

Sep-27

You sound more peaceful than your last post. I'm glad you're spending time here instead of smoking. It must be a real temptation to have them around but you are doing a great job! Remember this feeling, the feeling of pride that comes from not giving in. Even though I can't actually hear you talking, sometimes I feel like I can hear disappointment when you have a smoke. No disappointment today! Take that, cigarettes! You're not getting Anthony today! 

Jatchat

Sep-27

True Tiny they're not getting me today, I just realised I haven't put a patch on for two days though I have been using gum. I have done my exercises and been for my walk had breakfast, now the day is mine all mine

TinyBadger

Sep-27

You did this without your patches? That's AMAZING! It just goes to show that you can do this. Keep fighting, and don't quit quitting! I'm so proud of you.

Jatchat

Sep-27

I still have not put a patch on, I have had two gums it's now 1:50 pm I was due to put a patch on last night or the night before, I have lost all track of time, talk about head spin, 

Eve1973

Sep-28

Keep going Anthony, but don’t be hero, if you are having craves......put that patch on rather than reaching for your wife’s smokes! 

Jatchat

Sep-28

I will take your advice, I don't want to risk my quit, thanks Eve

TinyBadger

Sep-28

You're doing this, my friend! I'm glad you're making decisions based on how you feel, but I agree with eve, slap that bad boy on there if you need it. Any photographs today? How's the walking going? 

Jatchat

Sep-28

Thanks Tiny,

Yes went out photographing this morning, nothing to write home about, did m exercises and went for my 10K step walk,  went back to get more sleep I have this nasty habit of waking at 1 am in the morning, can't shake it, so I come on here and rant a bit and do some reading. all's good here how about you?

TinyBadger

Sep-28

Well, I had a couple really close calls today. It was bad. Real bad. But I did make it through without smoking so that's good. I didn't walk today, I was not feeling myself and thats a great reason to walk but I bagged it and ate take out. Today I cried because I wanted to smoke so badly. It was very embarrassing because I was at work. I just couldn't help it, I just felt like I had to have one RIGHT NOW and I knew I couldn't. It was awful. I cried on a bratwurst. My kraut was moistened quite a bit. It was really bad. But here I am, a non smoker holding strong. So just remember at least you don't cry in your lunch and at least you don't smoke.

Jatchat

Sep-29

Sorry to hear about your turn, but so glad you didn't smoke if it was me I would have caved in, I am sure. Going to see my counsellor at 3:30 pm, she wants me to keep a journal, I do anyway, it's just on another computer, the one in for repairs. I wrote a few notes, I will have to install software on this computer to activate the printer, it never ends all these tech issues. Still I am smoke free so far today, I had a slip up last night, just one, but I reset the clock. I felt like one this morning but I was able to resist the temptation, it's tough going, but we will make it.

Kind regards

Anthony