About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 22315 views.
Loreficent

Oct-17

Hi Anthony...how are things going? Hope all is well. 

Jatchat

Oct-17

Yes things are good, struggling to get another quit going, 12 hrs at the moment entering into the red zone, late at night my weak time.

TinyBadger

Oct-17

I'm glad you're doing ok. The late night is hard for my husband. I'm a morning struggler, but I've seen him so I can at least sort of relate. He used to wake me up late at night or early morning to rub his back or keep him company. Sometimes we'd eat ice cream. I'm so sorry you don't have that from your wife but maybe if you ask for it she'll try to help. Or post here! Loreficent is in Oregon and I'm in Montana and I'm not sure how that is in relation to australia, so I'll let you do the math. You will do this! Whatever you do, don't stop trying! Maybe you could talk to your counselor about it. I know you probably get sick of my perky crap, but I do mean what I tell you. You can achieve this and i really do believe in you.

Loreficent

Oct-17

Tiny, you are the only person I know who is simultaneously curmudgeonly perky, and I just LOVE this about you! I hope that is taken as a compliment in the highest regard as that is how it is meant! purple_heart
I think Anthony is 18 hours ahead of me, so 20 hours ahead of you. Doesn’t that give you a huge amount of wonder and awe knowing he shares the same Pacific Coast?? So cool. Now I’m gonna look up how many time zones Australia has. I bet more than us...stay tuned! Yes, 8 months ago I would have been smoking and wiling time uselessly away. Now look Anthony! I’m growing new brain cells!! stuck_out_tongue

CC to Jatchat
Loreficent

Oct-17

Ok...that is complicated! It looks like they have 3, but then it switches to five in the Winter, but their Winter is our Summer, so it is 3 now I think! sweat_smile I highly recommend reading about this yourself as I am certain I will muck it up! By the way... China has only ONE time zone though they are nearly as wide land wise as us! Now that’s the way to do it. To heck with if it matches the light of day or not! This is what time it is darn it! Oh boy. I’m gonna walk now on this lovely day and go see John. Ask him what time it is, haha! Where my head is today I may likely hear an answer, so look out world! I actually enjoy to a good degree these sleep deprived and slightly discombobulated days. My mind just gets so full of chatter and wonder! If I were off tomorrow Tiny I’d make an Ocean trip. Next week...

• Edited October 17, 2020 4:10 pm  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Oct-17

Well, thank ye! I take great pride in your compliment. Wow, there is a big time difference, Anthony!  No wonder we don't run into each other often and your posts are sometimes marked as 4 am or so. 

CC to Jatchat
Loreficent

Oct-17

Tiny...you are definitely a force not to be reckoned with, and I am toasting you with the world’s best chocolate milk as we speak! purple_heart
I am finally off now for my walk. Been writing about Carr. Was it you who said it was helpful but not a lot or was that “X”? By the way...where is she?? I miss her!

TinyBadger

Oct-17

It was me. I thought the book was ok, but I felt like the attitude was pretty much just don't smoke. I want to know about overcoming addiction and the psychology of it. It also bothered me that his attitude was kind of elitist in his views about smokers who were currently not quitting. I don't think it was an awful book, it just didn't float my goat. Yes, goats float. Ask me how I know. Anyhoo, I feel like my addiction in multifaceted and complicated and the book didn't seem to address those things. No offense to all those people that loved it. I think whatever gets you off tobacco is the way to go. I messaged x a couple weeks ago and haven't heard back.

Loreficent

Oct-17

Wait...is this one of those “ pull my finger” moments? Ok...how do you know goats float??? Lol! Oh boy... can’t wait to learn this! 

TinyBadger

Oct-17

What, you've never seen a floating goat? They are quite good swimmers, you know. Lots of videos out there and goats are quite fascinating. I love seeing them when I'm in glacier.