About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/25/19 by ModDee; 17850 views.
Loreficent

Oct-22

Oh that’s wonderful all that good news Anthony! I hope you feel very motivated and empowered! I’m happy for you. Wow. 6 months and a new hip?? Yay! So...let’s do this quit thing friend. Absolutely. Let’s give you the best possible chance for success ever! 

Jatchat

Oct-23

Yes Lore I came out feeling very pleased with myself, Yes the only thing left to achieve is this quit thing. going well at the moment, just keep me accountable I've dilly dallied around long enough. 

Loreficent

Oct-23

Will do Anthony. Do you read other threads on here? I linked you on an article, not about smoking, but a Mountain Lion. What a video! Also, have been exploring the psychological side of addiction some with Jaka in another thread. All the baggage with it, etc. How many days now? Past the icky 3, right? Earlier this year you had close to a few months too, right? So...this can and will be done. As always, am here for you! If you can accomplish those other things with your bum hip and knee, you can do this. Believe it. yellow_heart

Jatchat

Oct-23

Yes, I have operated through the major quit (10 weeks) with pain from my left hip so I can't see why I can't do it again, plus the Physio said the op should be within the next 6 months so I want my lungs in relatively good shape by then...All the more important to get this quit on the road...

Loreficent

Oct-23

Well, you are onto day 5, right? So you are on the road already. So good. Those strips you mentioned that melt sound interesting. I don’t think we have those here.

Jatchat

Oct-23

Yes well on the way, I have not seen them in pharmacies the strips that is they are 2.5 mg and just a thin film you peel off aluminium foil I'm guessing, you place them on your tongue and press them to the roof of your mouth untill they dissolve, mine are mint flavoured and quite strong. I received them off my quit smoking counselor. 4 yrs ago or even longer because they have a 2016 use by date, but they still work...

Loreficent

Oct-23

I think all those things are probably good way past the date. Anthony...I eat Yogurt that is 3-4 months expired and I am still here. Been doing that for years!  My belief is it just grows more good bacteria! stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

TinyBadger

Oct-23

Oh gosh! You're lucky not to be dead!

Loreficent

Oct-23

From yogurt???  Nah! It is going to take much more than that, haha! And hopefully not COVID19! sweat_smile Plus, I drink KOMBUCHA! Didn’t you know Tiny that Kombucha is the ultimate healing, protective, cure all?? It has a pH right about 3 or a little less sometimes , so harmful bacteria cannot live in it! Yay! Bring on the rotten yogurt and I’ll was it down with some Booch!

Oh...so I use the emojis that are right here in the reply box at the top. If I try to use the ones from built in phone or iPad keyboard they will not show up. The ones here aren’t quite as wide choice as ones on my devices but they are still cute. But my iPad and phone have a Black Heart and I love love love that one! Hahaha!

• Edited October 23, 2020 12:11 pm  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Oct-23

Well, poop! I never noticed the reply box emojis! I'm such a fool! Yeah, I'm still concerned about your ingestion of weird food. Maybe you should eat more chicken tenders and texas toast.