About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2020 New Ex-Smokers - Start Here   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/26/19 by ModDee; 10946 views.
AnnieXS

10/29/20

Beautifully stated.  All of your posts are, but this one is a standout

Thank you! :)

AnnieXS

Quit May 8, 2015

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/29/20

Thankyou Lorie. I am always proud to be a friend of yours.

Sorry Anne, i didnt meant to hurt your feelings.As Lorie said, it is important to bring people together and we really want you to stay with us, rather than staying apart.

Loreficent

10/29/20

I thought the same of yours, so thank you!! 

Yes... tough times all over and all around. To those that have stayed quit through all of this year, wow. Just wow. To those of us struggling still to get to a year...well, another wow.
I love this Forum Annie. It has definitely been the one single thing that has gotten me through many days, and I intend for it to get me through many more days, and hopefully years to come.
I will say, I am also one who can at times write with a particular slant, and, this is what I mean that this thread has given me pause to step back and realize some of the way process and say things at times too. I have been more subtle with some things maybe, but still it has made me aware that some of my writing requires perhaps  more thought and intention going forward. It has made me realize to be more mindful is what I’m trying to say. 
It can be so hard to separate things when for so many years cigarettes were the processing tool and now it is writing out stuff that was processed while smoking, so I have to keep this in mind myself and reflect and be aware of my writing. So, maybe Quitalicious was having a moment of struggle too, we never know. Either way, these are times that show what really needs to rise is the grace and kindness we allow others and even ourselves. 
Man...! This growing and learning stuff is just exhausting, yes? Well...may it never end. 

Thank you so very much for sticking around. I hope to one day carry the torch of having years in a quit behind me, and I really truly hope I can help others as you and Debbie and Kitty and Doug and Mike, and now our lovely SusanK, and White Knight, and I know I’m not mentioning you all, but I read all of you and am grateful. heart 

Please...also if I ever write something that is harsh, or unkind, or inappropriate, please let me know. I’m still learning too. 

Loreficent

10/29/20

Joel....I just love you. I’m proud to be your friend too. You bring a sweetness here that is always so nice. You are doing so well staying smoke free too. Let’s keep doing it! blush 

Anne2020

10/29/20

You are doing it gain.  I do not appreciate your characterizations of me or my posts.  Please refrain from bullying me in this manner.  

Msg 5437.45 deleted
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/29/20

Thankyou Lorie.. Love you too. I am not that sweet as you. I dont know how to express opinions as subtle as you. I am still learning to do that

Loreficent

10/29/20

Well, we can leave this thread and continue to support each other in our other places! With a toast of good Kombucha that you love so much! joy 

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

10/29/20

Haha, i dont like Komboucha, i would rather stick with a toast of Worlds best chocolate milk.and i always love the way you change the subject.

Loreficent

10/29/20

Deal! World’s Best Chocolate Milk it is! 
What do you mean change the subject? That is an art form Joel! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye I will meet you in September and you can explain that to me, haha!