About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 25842 views.
Glammy2016

Jan-25

yes so true. Yesterday was the first day that I woke up and did not automatically reach for one that was exciting blush. I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the support. 

Glammy2016

Jan-25

Thank you for the kind words. It is so nice to have this forum to go to even if just to read and see that others are going through the same thing. None of what Im feeling is alien to anyone here and that is sure helpful . blush

gkim

Jan-25

Yes. That’s exactly why support groups are helpful. It is just a relief to know someone totally gets you. I always feels so much better knowing I’m not the only one. Mornings were the hardest for me too because that’s when I really loved to smoke. I’m also having some mornings that I don’t think about it. We’re making progress.  You’re doing great. 

Lubbercat

Jan-26

I am thrilled to hear your mornings are getting better.  You have passed 1 week, did you give yourself a reward?  Rewards are important, you worked hard for it and you deserve it!

In reply toRe: msg 167
abrewster14

Jan-26

Hey guys yes this forum is great. It helps to know other people are going through this quit process. 25 days here and even as I type it I’m shocked. I didn’t think I could go 5 hours. The first thing I did in the morning was smoke. I concur that it’s surprising and great when I don’t reach for one. Oddly this morning having a lot of cravings. But I don’t have any smokes and will not puff. Thanks for being there 

Loreficent

Jan-26

Don’t do it!

It will pass and you will feel a teensy bit more empowered! Keep it up. You’re only going one way here, and you got this!

abrewster14

Jan-26

Thank you for the support helps more than you know. I’m just breathing through it 

Loreficent

Jan-26

That’s all it takes. I was amazed at how quickly my breathing improved. Keep going and give yourself this chance. I know it seems hard to lose that piece of your identity, but we all have parts of ourselves we can afford to lose. Especially when it helps us hang onto the healthy parts more!

abrewster14

Jan-26

God you hit the nail on the head. There have been a few good days which was a surprise. But yes I do feel that I am losing a piece of my identify but one I can afford to lose. I really feel my biggest hurdle is mentally beating the addiction. I’m not giving up on my 25 days or my quit. Thanks for being here 

Lubbercat

Jan-26

Congratulations on your 25 days, I am right there with you.  Some mornings I still have a passing urge to smoke but most mornings I don't even think about it.  We are almost to that 1 month, it is right around the corner