About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 26085 views.
In reply toRe: msg 198
abrewster14

Jan-28

Ann you are the best mentor!! I used all of those hints. I have to say magnesium has been great for my mood too

Anne2020

Jan-28

Oh good one,  my sister is always reminding me of that one as well.  Can you recommend any foods that would be a good source?

THx

Cheers 

Glammy2016

Jan-28

Hey Krissy hooray for you on 4 days. I am quiting vaping also. I gave up cigs  on september 5th 2010 with the help of this site.  then 3 years later picked up the nasty habit of vaping. I say nasty because it really is just as insidious as a cig. maybe even more so because for me it was soooo easy to do it everywhere. in bed at the desk on the couch in the car. no worry of starting a fire lol. Im on day 9 and the funny thing is I never thought it left behind an order but just as I began to smell how awful a smell the cigs left behind on everything I can now smell the order the vape left behind so laundry day for everything is coming soon. joy. I am wearing a step 3 patch and things have been going pretty well but still have moments, Use this forum as much as you can . read the articles and stories they are so helpful. I am totally committed to giving up smoking in any form. I just dont want to be addicted to anything anymore. And you are right about trading one addiction for the other. when I quit smoking in 2010 I began to drink heavily. I thought the vape would help me stop but by then it was to late. I come from a long line of alcoholics. I finally obtained sobriety on Jume 19 2019. So I have 20 months sober. Now all thats left is to get smober! we got this just keep going one day at a time. 

In reply toRe: msg 200
abrewster14

Jan-28

I’m taking a supplement and really see the difference. Plus once a month it helps quite a bit. Vitamins sometimes upset my stomach but this doesn’t. In terms of food you have to eat a lot to get daily amount suggested. But we are all snacking anyway so 

dark chocolate 

dark leafy greens 

avocados 

cashews

chia seeds 

bananas 

In reply toRe: msg 201
Glammy2016

Jan-28

Words of Wisdom: Yesterday... Today... and Tomorrow

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension. One of these days is Yesterday with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word said. Yesterday is gone. The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet unborn. This leaves only one day - Today. Any man can fight the battles of just one day; it is only when you or I add the burdens of those two awful eternities - Yesterday - and Tomorrow - that we break down. It is not the experience of Today that drives men mad - it is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring. Let us, therefore, live but One Day at a Time

author unknown

I try to practice this and bring myself back to the here and now right now when ever those cravings hit. relieved

MJoe79

Jan-28

Hey Krissy,

Just want to say I am 1 hour and 31 minutes away from completing Day 3. I know you're on Day 4, so I'm reading the same awesome tips you're getting, and I just want to say you're not alone  - I'm right with ya just a day behind haha. 

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Thank you so much, kept thinking I might grab a straw. Last time I quit I used baby carrots and I ate soooo many!! But the draw of air is what I really want but I think I was avoiding it so as not to give myself the crutch.  Oh yeah the magnesium!! I found an all natural rub that I put on my armpits every other night and I sleep like a rock. I remember my dreams better too! You can find some on Etsy! 

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Thank you, I know we can do it! This forum really helps and I am so happy I found it! 

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Just realized you also posted this, I love it and thank you for sharing it!!

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Awesome!! You got my back and I will have yours too!  We got this! These are some great tips.  I forgot that I have B12 tablets too.  Its good not to feel alone. I know that its a stimulant and I feel the down and get depressed sometimes.  The best thing for this is to remember that how we feel is never permanent, its like water everchanging!  Oh yeah and if you guys haven't tried it yet, the Headspace Guide to Meditation on Netflix has been very helpful!