About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2021 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/31/19 by ModDee; 26170 views.
MJoe79

Jan-28

Hey Krissy,

Just want to say I am 1 hour and 31 minutes away from completing Day 3. I know you're on Day 4, so I'm reading the same awesome tips you're getting, and I just want to say you're not alone  - I'm right with ya just a day behind haha. 

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Thank you so much, kept thinking I might grab a straw. Last time I quit I used baby carrots and I ate soooo many!! But the draw of air is what I really want but I think I was avoiding it so as not to give myself the crutch.  Oh yeah the magnesium!! I found an all natural rub that I put on my armpits every other night and I sleep like a rock. I remember my dreams better too! You can find some on Etsy! 

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Thank you, I know we can do it! This forum really helps and I am so happy I found it! 

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Just realized you also posted this, I love it and thank you for sharing it!!

VirgoKrissy

Jan-28

Awesome!! You got my back and I will have yours too!  We got this! These are some great tips.  I forgot that I have B12 tablets too.  Its good not to feel alone. I know that its a stimulant and I feel the down and get depressed sometimes.  The best thing for this is to remember that how we feel is never permanent, its like water everchanging!  Oh yeah and if you guys haven't tried it yet, the Headspace Guide to Meditation on Netflix has been very helpful! 

MJoe79

Jan-30

I have nothing to add here except to say I'm reading through this thread and, Dan, I really dig your reply here. 

In reply toRe: msg 209
Glammy2016

Jan-31

Good morning everyone blush Heres to a happy healthy smoke free Sunday. I know its early but Im going to start this day with positive vibes..... one day at a time. 

gkim

Jan-31

Good morning Glammy. Or good afternoon. Hope your day is good but any day without smoking is a good day! 

abrewster14

Jan-31

Happy smoke free Sunday positive vibes are crucial. I’m smoke free one month today. One day at a time 

Chloeleb2001

Jan-31

Happy Smoke Free Sunday y'all! 

First off, I am so proud of my entire January Quit Smokers/Vapers to stick to it. On December 28th at 9am, I was fantasizing of January 1, my quit date and then I thought, If I'm really ready for this, why not make it day 5? and I threw out my vape then and there. I am day 35 today. Many of you are right around here too, or just behind the corner! It's been a journey getting here, and I'm still going through the thick of the mental battle. I just learned of the "ACT" (Acknowledge, Connection, Talking Kindly) Method, and am so ready to give it a try. Self compassion is another I'm trying to work on. Id like to acknowledge somewhere around week 3/4 I noticed myself using marijuana to cope with the absence of smoke in my lungs, and todays the day I'd like to be done using it as a "crutch" because it'll just prolong this battle, as long as NRT. I'm consistently at 4lozenges/day + step 3 patch. It's the last push for me, I'm fully aware it will be hard, but I have you guys all here going through this with me, together, and I'll be gaining freedom from this battle. I hope this gives someone a little courage to continue, because your messages have sure helped me!!