About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I have to confess   Quit Support

Started Jan-7 by Bev_1977; 722 views.
Bev_1977

Jan-7

Hi all,

I quit cigarettes a year ago. My quit method was e-cig, gum and patch. I am struggling to stop nicotine. I have not had a puff of tobacco for over a year, so I am keeping my key. However, nicotine has it's hold and I  struggling to stop.

I just needed to share.

Bev

Quit January 1, 2019

Msg 5485.2 deleted
leighmomof2

Jan-7

Hi Bev, are you still smoking e-cigs?? If so, maybe try and stop that first by still using the gum.  After a year, you should really try and start stepping down slowly and finally rid yourself of the addiction. It really can be done. I had struggled with quitting numerous times all that ended in failure. I started smoking within days of each delivery of both my kids. I truly thought I would be dependent on nicotine for life.  I am so happy to finally be hitting a year mark in a week without one puff or any nicotine at all. Nothing. It was so hard but so worth it.  You seem very happy now. I think you will be 100% happier when you finally kick nicotine to the curb for good. Maybe this will be your year! Good luck.

Bev_1977

Jan-9

Leigh, 

I am on the 21 mg patch. I am going to follow it's program to stop nicotine. I still have no desire to smoke, so that is a plus.

Bev

Quit January 1, 2019

June2019

Jan-9

Good for you for being off smokes & e-cigs! You WILL get off the patch in time.  Being free of the physical habit of taking a drag is big, imo. I believe in you.

June2019 - puff free since 6/7/19

Lubbercat

Jan-10

Bev

I also have quit with the patch.......I have tried numerous times before and actually this time started at 1:30 on the 31st.........so, I am about the same amount through this as you are.  I had tried a few times in the previous months and was smoking less and less.  I did start with 21mg but, am now on the 14mg patches, this is my 2nd day.  You will notice the cravings when you switch the patches but, it is not too severe.........I live with a smoker and that seems to make it much more difficult because, they are always right there.  But, I will hit 10 days at 1:30 today.........and you will be right there also after the day ends.  Hang in there, it really does get better.

Bev_1977

Jan-10

June,

No matter how much I crave over nicotine, I have no desire to ask another for a cigarette. This is huge progress for me.

A lot does change in a year.

Bev

Quit January 1, 2019

Bev_1977

Jan-10

It's taking me longer than it should to stop nicotine, but I am free from tobacco. That is huge for me. I have had so many quits and relapses in over a decade that I have no idea how many times I have tried.

I tried to go completely nicotine free on the first for this year. I was getting so angry all day long. It made my shift at work very long and miserable.

You are doing good. Keep going!

Bev

Quit January 1, 2019

overdoz

Jan-10

yeah i believe you, its a very underrated drug.