About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Seven Days going strong   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jan-10 by candrew; 3498 views.
Belinda2019

Jan-26

Hang in there Candrew - you’ve got this! I always looked at day 9 as an ‘icky three’ too (as in, multiple of 3) - loads of receptors are shutting down, and kicking you where it hurts on their way out.....

If nothing else, just wander around the house muttering NOPE, try and get mentally involved in something - crossword, sudoku, jigsaw puzzle, and if all else fails, go to bed....there are some great stop smoking meditations on YouTube, I have found them invaluable

Keep up the good fight

NOPE

Seized the Day 17th October 2019

(102 days, and counting)

candrew

Jan-26

Hello Belinda-

Nine days and I'm  feeling petty good This is my second quit this month. I have done

a lot of planning for this and feel more hopeful than I ever have before.

Yes, I need to get busy with my hands. Maybe I should play my piano more. 

Meditation is good, I find starting at the TV works just as well. 

Thanks for the encouragement. 

NOPE

candrew

DebraAnne60

Jan-31

Have you read THE EASY WAY TO QUITE SMOKING by Allan Carr - you can download it from the internet - it was very good read and helps to reshape the way  you think you want to smoke - it is very funny and easy to read- I highly recommend it to change the way  you think you want to smoke.  

Don't give in - its only smoke after all

Try taking a tube and sucking clean air  through it - as if it were a smoke -  much more satisfying.

candrew

Feb-1

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have read the book twice and attended the on-line seminar. Excellent resource. 

Unfortunately I did give in 2 days ago after 8 days of abstinence. I am very 

disappointed but I am persistent and will do anything in my power to rid myself this insanity.

I'm  trying to figure out what triggered in me to buy that 1st pack, and then another etc.

Whatever the reason I need to get back on the horse and see this through. 

Again, thanks for the post 

Wishing you a happy , non-smoking 2020.

candrew

'

poiiij

genevieve25

Feb-6

congratulations on 7 days, I so want to make it to one week it will feel like a massive milestone :)

Belinda2019

Feb-7

You will do it....hang in there

candrew

Feb-22

Jatchat - how are you doing? Last I read I thought that you had 6 or 7 days.

I am at 7 going on 8, As long as I can keep my impulses at bay I should be ok.

Triggers and urges are not such an issue at least as I'm aware. Although it is

said that relapse starts long before actual physical symptoms surface so I

it  is possible that I was already in relapse. I'm learning as I go.

candrew

DebraAnne60

Feb-22

Good to see you back.   First 7 days are the hardest and you made it.  Way to go.  Congradulations.  Build your tools to ride the crave waves and you can surf you way into a fresh, clean, non-smoking life.  Cheers!

Jatchat

Feb-22

Yes going well thanks Andrew, I had some really bad cravings day 6 even got so far that I held a cigarette between my fingers, but I thought one now and a pack later and I will be gone forever so I put it back. I am eight days down and into my ninth.

I read that article about the beginnings of a relapse, just have to keep saying No, and if they persist there's always the five D's

Thanks for your post and good luck on your journey

Kind regards

Anthony 

DebraAnne60

Feb-22

What are the 5 Ds