About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Last smoke Feb 1, 2020   General Chit-Chat

Started Feb-16 by ChrisMH; 127 views.
ChrisMH

Feb-16

I'm two weeks in after 36 years of smoking.  Most times I feel ok but the nagging desire is still always just sitting there waiting to take advantage of a moment of weekness.  I give all of you a lot of credit.  

Brenda (1sept19)

Feb-16

Give yourself a lot of credit, Chris.  You can do this too, one day at a time.  2 weeks is awesome !

DebraAnne60

Feb-16

Hey Chris, where you from.  Good for you taking the first step to the rest of your life.  Pat yourself on the back.....you've started on a journey of self esteem that you will forever be proud to undertake.  It will sometimes be difficult, but the reward is your life and the lives of the people you love.  Good first step in many to come.  Cheers!

cherbearquit

Feb-16

Congrats on 2 weeks!  I know it’s not easy, but the best thing you can do is read all of the great articles in this forum. It really helps when you know what to expect and that you are not going through this alone. There are lots of great tips on how to manage cravings and how to change your mindset about quitting. The biggest thing is to say NOPE (Not one puff ever)!  Time is your friend, because the more time you have as anon-smoker the easier it is to remain that way!  Wishing you all the best!

Quit 12/6/19