About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge WED March 25 ..   General Chit-Chat

Started Mar-25 by JerseyDee; 349 views.
JerseyDee

Mar-25

Good Morning Everyone!   About to go on a long walk with my dog this morning and start my day off taking in some nice fresh air with nice clearing lungs!  Feeling good about things this morning.

I hope you all have a pleasant smoke free day today.

Who will join me in this NOPE pledge this morning?   I am extending my hand.

Eve1973

Mar-25

Good Morning Dee and everyone, 

I will take your hand (virtually) and pledge a very loud NOPE! He has been whispering to me since last night..... he needs to be gone......who else will help me shout at him?

Nope, NOpe, NOPe, NOPE.....AS Lor says....bugger off!

• Edited March 25, 2020 10:33 am  by  Eve1973
JerseyDee

Mar-25

Good Morning Eve .. I KNOW you CAN bugger him off.   BE GONE!   I will virtually take your hand and join in on shoving that voice right out of here.  

You can do this.  You are doing so well.  Seven weeks now?  Drink some ice walker, take a walk .. clean out your closets! .. Anything to help get that monkey off your back today.

Read & write here often when you get those cravings .. I do and it helps me very much.  You ARE a winner!

kittymom413

Mar-25

Hi there, Dee & Eve,

This extra stress that we are all dealing with is so much worse for of those of us that are trying to quit smoking. The nico-demon's voice gets a little louder when things seem out of our control. But we have each other to lean on for strength, we have this forum as proof that, no matter what comes our way, we can over come that lying whisper by turning to each other. We have all the knowledge & experience here at our fingertips to turn to to give us answers to all the "whys" when we feel we can't hold on to our quit any longer. We have our daily pledge of NOPE that reminds us that we are in this together & to take it one day at a time.

So today I'll proudly join you today to pledge NOPE...Not One Puff Ever...that is my promise, not only to myself, but to all of our forum family as well. Smoking is no longer an option in our lives & we must protect our quit with all that we have.

Who would like to join us in making this simple, but powerful pledge? Here, take my hand, we really are stronger together!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

DebraAnne60

Mar-25

I pledge NOPE too - who's next?

Ginger3077

Mar-25

I'll be next with my daily NOPE. Who else is joining?

Kicked the butt 8/1/19

Loreficent

Mar-25

I’m jumping in with NOPE today. 
Who else is coming along?

Jatchat

Mar-25

Hold on I'm coming, I pledge NOPE today (Thursday in Australia) and invite others to join us.

DebraAnne60

Mar-25

Hey Anthony, great to see you on board.  How's it going?

Jatchat

Mar-25

Great thanks DebraAnne, six days in