About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why 9 is a magical number?   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started May-5 by Rich (lexx0); 845 views.
Rich (lexx0)

May-5

Its that time of the year for Rich's yearly math fact:

Why 9 is magical number?
If you find the ultimate sum of digits(sum of digits till you get a single digit) of any multiple of 9,you will get 9. Therefore 9 is called magical no. For eg. let's take 9*99=891.  Sep 29, 2015 google...
For me of course, today marks NINE years of NOPE, not a puff in 9 years.  Thanks to all my seniors, mods, and close knit friends I've made along the way and being allowed to chat and get to know many new users over the years.  You all keep me grounded and hopefully humble ;D
We may not of chosen an easy path, to quit smoking, however, if you put in the time and effort, read and research, cry out for help or strive to help others, then your path is clearer and easier by the day, month, or years.  All I can really say at this point is you can take away what you give.  Read, write, and be merry. The hours between cravings will get farther and farther apart the longer you go from day 1 to infinity. 
Cheers and love to my entire forum family. I couldn't of done this without everyone that has touched base with me over the years and from both the old and this new new forum.
Rich

Nice job Rich 9 years free from that wicked weed. I hope you continue to stay free and that you stay safe from this horrible covid 19. I am working as a nurse in a Nursing Home helping out during this pandemic and can tell you this is a sad way for so many of our old folks to leave this world. We do help them pass on peacefully without pain but the numbers are just hard for many to comprehend. The PPE makes us so hot and sweaty and keeping hydrated is tough. I can hardly wait till all of this is behind us. Please stay safe and enjoy year 10 as a successful quitter. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Rick342day

May-7

Congrats from one May quitter to another Rich. It will 7 years for me on May 21st. Have a great year ten,

Brenda (1sept19)

May-7

Congratulations Rich, I am so proud of you !!  9 years is awesome and may you ride like the wind.  On to year 10 !!!

Brenda (1sept19)

May-7

Congratulations on almost 7 years, Rick.  Hope life is being kind to you and you are well.  So very proud of you also.  Keep rockin your quit !

Rich (lexx0)

May-7

Deb you are so awesome! On the front lines especially in Nursing homes. My mother is now in one for two days and I can't visit her ;( The world is upside down.  Take care and thanks for your service.

Rich

Rich (lexx0)

May-7

May is a great month ;D Congrats on 7 years, wow, time flys.

Rich

Rich (lexx0)

May-7

Thanks sweetie.  I plan to be riding next week if my hip shot takes effect. Two months ago all of a sudden, pain. The real pain is a new motorcycle sitting in my garage that I can't use yet though.  Its liberating riding all day and not trying to puff on a smoke in the wind or stopping every half hour ;p

Cheers, Rich

I hope your mom will get loving care. I am working as an aide since I'm a retired registered practical nurse. At least I can give the regular staff some extra help transferring residents in and out of bed, dressing and changing them and making sure they are clean and well fed. They deserve to be treated with dignity and all of our governments need to pay these nurses higher wages as they are litterly putting their own lives on the line. I am helping as best I can and for as long as they need me. Life is precious and we've lost way too many young people as well as old people from this horrible covid 19 virus. We wear protecting gear but it is so hot and sweaty wearing it while giving care to all the residents. Many people want life to return to normal but it will still take a vaccine till we get true freedom. This is like an end of life horror movie that is moving in slow motion. I know all of us just want our normal lives back. I hope you and your wife stay well and conquer your own battles over cancer. Take care Rich.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Brenda (1sept19)

May-14

Hope the pain subsides soon and you can ride once again.  Nothing like riding to get the right perspective on life.  9 years is wonderful, I will get there some day, one day at a time.  Take care Rich and may you feel the wind in your face soon.