About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 120517 views.
Loreficent

Jul-6

Love that Freudian slip my friend. Yes. You are a. WARRIOR.

Eve1973

Jul-6

So happy you DID IT! Yes you can think of future scenarios but don’t stress, think of ways to keep yourself busy or how to handle the triggers.

One day at a time and you will prevail! Don’t forget your WHYS of stopping! I still carry my list around! You got this just be a WARRIOR!

xvaper

Jul-6

hahah the warrior thing is going to follow me around on this forum! I have the list yes, but my junkie brain keeps trying to minimize all the things that made me quit and actively suppress them. This chemical is disastrous. I don't want to be dependent anymore, I just wish my brain will catch up soon to end this mess.

I'm also amazed to discover that when you search online weather nicotine is harmful on its own, most of the hits you get is that it isn't very harmful in itself and doesn't cause cancer and that's a travesty. Nicotine is dangerous, it destroys your arteries, it does have cancerous qualities, and it makes your brain produce so much cortisol to motivate you to get you to get your fix. I was vaping like maniac for two years, it was awful.

They say that "we don't know the full effect of vaping" instead of saying that the nicotine alone destroys your health no matter how it is administered.

It makes me very angry.  

Eve1973

Jul-7

Sometimes ANGER is good! Maybe hold on to it and say to yourself that I’m NOT GOING TO BE TRICKED AGAIN! 

This addiction is so wicked, I am still at times wondering if I can just smoke one…….then I shake my head NO! I can’t ever or I know I will be back or even more to where I was. 

But be VERY PROUD…..you are definitely getting stronger every day! You will survive and be the WARRIOR PRINCESS! Hmmm just assuming you are female. Sorry if you are not!

xvaper

Jul-7

OMG I'm totally a girl! plus some of my friends call me a princess ( in a half joking way, because I am can be very fussy) so you're not far off there.

The big reveal......drum roll....

My name is Dorly..born in 73.. a young women!

Yesterday was much better in terms of sleep and pangs. I want to get to s stage where I do not even want one. Some of my ex smoker friends have, they find it disgusting. They don't preach or even mind that you smoke in their back yard or in an outdoor restaurant, they just find the thought of smoking themselves disgusting.

Eve1973

Jul-7

Lol…..1973! Rocks…..me too! 

Hello Dorly….different, never knew Anyone with that name.

I don’t preach to people, I just say if and when you are ready…..be happy to help and share. 

Someday be in their shoes where they find it disgusting! 

You said you are in NY right?

xvaper

Jul-7

Oh I did not imply that you preach at all!!! I was referring to the ex smokers who go around proclaiming their hate of cigarette smoke and odour and putting down smokers like they are horrible people that litter their whole environment and lecture to everybody. I know people like that.  I can only imagine it comes from an insecurity in their own quit. 
I am in Brooklyn, New York and it’s hot as hell right now. It’s basically living in the tropics for the past three weeks or so. 

Eve1973

Jul-7

I wasn’t implying that you were implying anything…..lmao. 

I was agreeing with you on the “preachers “. I know those people. I hated it when I smoked, so I just say if and when…..I’m here!

xvaper

Jul-7

Had a much easier time last night with the cravings..I hope this trend continues. Do you still have them? and if so how do you manage?