About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started May-6 by Musivore; 35458 views.
euknight

Aug-21

Hey Ms X....
I am so very sorry for your loss.  My heart for animals is like you and Lore and Tiny.  Precious gifts.

It was our normal way of dealing with things to smoke.  It is just not anymore.  Smoking would help you feel worse.

I relate to the physical nausea etc when ur grief is strong.  I am so interconnected like that.  Sometimes I wonder if things are hitting me harder now a days, not just that I don’t smoke them away like  in my past but that all of our sensitivity levels are heightened with all the changes we have had with Seemingly no control over our world.  And of course, X not being able to see your family is huge.

I say what you were able to do at the end of that kittens life was so valuable.  So she died.  You got to hold her before before she did and let her know you loved her.

Anyway sista....praying sweet sleep your way

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

Aug-21

Hola sweet Lore,

I discovered coffee m and ms tonight.  Danger. No swim tonight.  Slept all day after dashing to Walmart pickup at 8 AM THEN sleeping all day after staying up most the night. Tab gently touched me with her paw about 7:30.... “ You alive mama?”  Trying to turn days and nights back around again.  No success today.  

Our mornings and evenings have gotten magically cool.  Reveling in the faint hint of breezes blowing in of Fall.  My swim was captivating last night.  Cooler water...swish, no sound.  Ahhhhh

So tractor guy got tractor back...not cheap but  good info.  Must get it to barn in inclement weather that is up in front 10 acres so PIA but........He is now replacing battery in Mule tomorrow AM.  Washer flooded again.  Now floor is warped for sure.  He comes Monday.  Just a lot of that stuff going on.

Yeah, bummer you missed the peak bloom n upper meadows.  It happens.  I know if I stay away from an area in the spring for like a week I miss something!,  Your so blessed you get to go with kids to the coast this weekend...yes!!  It will be magnificent!!!

So one of those pretty copperheads was outside my garage the other day. Dance away Snake Dancer!!!’  Just left it alone.  I am like you with water moccasins.  I remember swimming across a small East Texas lake trying to out swim them!,  Those beady eyes on top of the water.  Made it and RAN off the beach.  Crazy chick in those days.

I bought some new Kombucha...bitter cherry....looks like it has no ginger.  I just think the ginger juice ruins it for me.  Funny Pats SCOBY was bubbling up big time!!  I still wish I could find that lemonade one...I loved that!!  What is your dogs name you refer to as the dog...not your fave?.?? I drink on mine for several days and it does stay bubbly.  Will be interesting to see what can be done!

You had that awful Kudzu in your yard??.  I saw that growing next to the highway in TN years ago when I learned what it was.....probably what those Chinese Russian seeds were they got shipped over here to my gardening friends, another invasive thing.  Yuck.

I have had what I would categorize as crave thoughts lately.  Not full blown craves at least.  Not bad Compared to what it would be like to smoke the things.   Like smoking Kudzu!!  Keeps growing.....won’t stop.  Lol!!

Have a beautiful smoke free evening!

Peggy

Loreficent

Aug-21

Haha! Oh will write so much more soon to this, but gotta try to get some sleep. Friday is always busiest day at work on top of already too busy. So...took a little help with the sleep tonight. Whatever. Gotta do what you gotta do! I’m like you...have always struggled with a “healthy” sleep schedule...never have had one really. Maybe why I love naps!

But wanted to answer about the dog...am sorry I am remiss talking about her, as I do love her very much!! And she sleeps with me too. More about this little bad seed later, but her name is Whoopi. Yup. As in Goldberg. Too funny. And she is a little demon dog that we all love and she gets doted on a tremendous amount. First ever little dog I’ve had, and she looks like something straight out of a Dr Seuss book. Mmmhmmm. Exactly. Grinch feet and all... All of my cats are bigger than her. Well, except sweet old man Calvin...he has turned into a little waif. So yeah...rescue from a kill shelter in CA that euthanized pregnant ones and her mom had the babies on the plane up. She will be 9 on October 23rd. Very hilarious. 

euknight

Aug-21

Awwwwwwwwwww. Sweet Whoopi.  Good to know her.  Yes...going to take something too for sleep.  Hope it works!,!,  Night

Loreficent

Aug-21

Soo...does she look sweeet???

Pure demon seed at rest here...

xvaper

Aug-21

Same here. I have rescued countless cats, and had to socialize quite a few. It is a bit of an ordeal because my cats do not want any cats around them so if it is a socially challenged cat I have to use my basement level to have them. I paid $$$$ for surgeries, meds, food and dentals..and I feed the ferals too. To be honest it is quite exhausting and interferes with my life a lot, especially living on my own, but I can't see animals suffer in front of me and do nothing. That's one of the reason I want to move out of here, I cant bare to see this anymore..When I don't actively rescue, I volunteer to drive etc.

Towards the end of WW2, Berlin Zoo was bombed, and some animals .escaped The zoo keeper was asked if the animals that escaped were dangerous. He replied that people are much more dangerous. True story.

xvaper

Aug-21

Thank you Peggy. I think it was the surprise element more than anything else..she was lively and then to get the news was difficult. I have a rough evening. Eventually I took a few drags from a joint (not mixed with tobacco!!) and it helped..before that I thought about a cigaret but not enough to really struggle and once I took those puffs I forgot all about wanting a cigaret. I think it makes me not want one instead of increasing the pang. In any event this morning I had coffee with a friend who was smoking and I really didn't want one. It was a thought but not a craving at all. Having said that my cravings are in the evenings so it was easier.

In reply toRe: msg 372
xvaper

Aug-21

You guys are making me so jealous. I live to swim, and have not swam even once this summer. I want to swim in the lake upstate but if its freezing water (September after all) I won't get to do that...I have no access to someone's private pool unfortunately.

TinyBadger

Aug-21

Awww! I'm touched by your generosity. My husband and you are like two peas in a pod! You have a kind heart and that makes me glad to (sort of) know you. You never really know anyone online, but your stories indicate you are tenderhearted and I appreciate that. 

TinyBadger

Aug-21

What kind of dog is this? Not demon seed, no, but perhaps mischievous? Too smart for its own good?