About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 43862 views.
Loreficent

Sep-13

Oh, Tiny. Thank you so much. It is nice to hear the empathy for the people here. Lots of good folks. I do know I’ll be ok. Yes, I want to be a helper and will in any way I can for sure. As long as I am able and I think and hope that will be a good long while. I’ve been searching different sites to see where or if there is a place to sign up for something for the next couple of days. I was wondering if it was smoky there. I just read an article that compounding the smoke is the fact that a lot of it blew out to the Coast and they had these satellite pictures of the smoke stream that blew out over the Ocean,  JT then the West wind came and blew a lot of it back in! So the smoke is made worse from fires to the Eastand what is blowing back in. It was creepy driving in like that this morning. My weather app on my phone gives these details and right before I left I checked and visibility was down to a hundred yards. Once I got out there driving I knew what that meant! They also talked about the rain can make the smoke much worse, kind of like when you dump water on a campfire. Oh boy.  I’m sure there is gonna be opportunity a plenty for some time to come to help around here. Oregon has been this kind of not known place and not talked about much. This year has left us all feeling...exposed. We have to look at other positive things too like Covid. We didn’t have effects of that anywhere near what other places did. So there is a lot positive. 
That is exactly how the Emergency Vet did it here too! They came and got her and I waited in the car. I don’t like that but understand. She will be ok. She has some reactive airway stuff, kind of like asthma they said, from the smoke. They gave her a steroid shot and I have some pills to give her the next few days. Max seems ok, thank goodness. They did say more common in small dogs. My kitties all seem ok. Even Calvin my 18+ sweet little old man kitty! So far we are all healthy and good. I told Peggy we are saving some food scraps for my friend that has the pig in her backyard. We will run those over tomorrow. I might even bake that pig some muffins! I’m sure he would like something fresh too and not just scraps. 
Did you binge on Netflix? I’m about to! Yay! How’s that for perky? Love that word. 

In reply toRe: msg 525
Loreficent

Sep-14

Ok. I am not sure but feel this might make me want to vomit. You know those little creatures I put a picture of that were on the rocks? The prehistoric looking barnacle type creatures that have to little tongue like thing that you se come out when the water washes over? People eat them. I was searching around the web trying to find what they are called. Here is a link that explains. Delicacy apparently. Poor things. 

https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/gooseneck-barnacles

Loreficent

Sep-14

Good morning X

Cant remember the other thread you and Tiny and I were writing in so writing from here. How are things going? Are you rested up from your vacation? We’re there any fall colors yet? Too soon maybe. I’m thinking about that cake you made. Let us know how it’s going! 

Loreficent

Sep-14

OK Tiny. Daughter is on plane to your neck of the woods. She is going to Billings to help someone pack and move here to PDX. She said she’d wave if she saw you! Lol! Are you near Billings? I forget. 
This is her first time flying by herself. I think I did good job not showing her I was more anxious than she was about it. I hope I did. So...tell Montana to be good to my kiddo. They are driving back on the 24th but are gonna take 2 days. Man. It is hard to let go! How the heck did she get to be 17 already? One of her coaches is very upset with me for letting her do this and I finally had to remind her that I was the mom and let her kindly know that she is making me anxious nagging me about it. I get it. Not a good time to travel. She has been so cooped up here for months now. Her flight seat map looked very staggered. I know she is well. She knows she will need to isolate when she gets back. Now I gotta walk Max, which is fine. Whoopi can’t go though. She has to stay in except for potty breaks in the yard. 
Anyway... a very special light is coming to Montana today and she is a rainbow for sure all in her own way. 

Eve1973

Sep-14

Wow my mind is definitely somewhere else. I’m reading Tiny’s message #524 as I think a little whoopi is ok. I’m like what! So I had to read 3 times before realized what was going on! 

CC to TinyBadger
  • Edited September 14, 2020 8:02 pm  by  Eve1973
Loreficent

Sep-14

I know exactly where you’re mind is Eve!!! Lol! 
Yes Whoopi is fine! She was very wheezy from the smoke. Vet said no walks, not even around the block. She is better today after her shot. She likes walks though and I usually walk her half hour or so before I go out. Both of us missing it now. Our visibility is up to 800 and some yards right now which is better than it’s been. Air is better too. Will put picture so Peggy can see UV index. Still Zero. Yay! No sunscreen required! 
oops. Think I forgot to include Peggy!

• Edited September 14, 2020 9:34 pm  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Sep-14

Well , welcome to her! I'm about 3 hours away from billings. She'll have to give you a report on the skies. Billings is a big city for us, so don't let her get lost. Jk. I've only been there a couple of times so I don't have any reviews for you. I've heard there is a really neat and huge candy store, though. When I have a hankerin for travel I usually go to Bozeman or missoula. They are bigger but super artsy and more culturally diverse. I like that. Bozeman has the museum of the Rockies with a planetarium. When I was in high school my sister took me to laser Zeppelin there and there was nothing better than leaning back in my seat and enjoying all the rock has to offer. So neat. So she won't be in billings long? 

Loreficent

Sep-14

I think her friend is in Billings proper, or just outside of it. The Planetarium sounds fabulous! We had a nice one in Atlanta too. PDX doesn’t have one. I would love to chill with som Zeppelin at a Laser show. My mind could get real refreshed with that. Do they still do that there? I will tell her ask friend about the candy store. Have her bring me some penny candy! Lol! Not sure if that exists still. We had a store growing up we called “The Country Store” where we got that. It was cool. I think too if the take I-90 coming back they would go through Bozeman, yes?They are leaving there in about a week. Said they are gonna do some hikes and stuff. She is pretty street savvy and won’t be alone in the city. Has been up in Seattle with me and her brother a lot, and grew up in the city here. Of course I’ve always harped on the usual stuff parents of city kids do. 
Sid you see that where people eat those little Barnacles? I’ve been a little obsessed watching videos of them since I learned that. There are a lot of videos of fishermen harvesting them off the coast of Spain where they are a delicacy apparently. Ewww. Plus...I love them! Apparently very expensive so if I find myself outta work maybe I could just get a job doing that, lol! I’d never. 

How you doing with no lozenges? Does your mouth feel better? Did you get more sleepy at first?
I went and gave this little pig some corn muffins today. She is very cute! My friend has a little pool for her and she rolls in it and plays with a ball. She rolls the ball around the yard and then pops it in the pool to wash it off. Made my day! 
Well. I might take a walk to John. It’s about 15 minutes one way if I go straight there. It’s yucky out, but I napped till 6pm and am fit to be tied with no movement! 
Oh...did you try the Wintergreen Lifesavers??

TinyBadger

Sep-15

The planetarium rotates it's shows, I don't think it's a recent one. It was the best though. It was free admission to msu students and I squeaked in as a high schooler. I love the barnacles! Not as cool as starfish or crabs but gross and loveable all the same. They definitely warrant more research on my part. My mouth is better but not at one hundred percent yet. Still no nicotine for more than a week. I've been wanting to smoke quite a bit. I'm holding strong but yesterday I was feeling really weak. I had to work late and got home and it was like a bell rang to tell me to go smoke on the deck and relax. I really did think about smoking. I need me a pig like that! I demand pictures! Rolling it's little ball round...I tried the lifesaver thing but no sparks. Am I doing it wrong? Yes, you can head back through bozeman. It's the scenic way, too. I love the mountains. And starfish. How's your dog?

Loreficent

Sep-15

“When trees fall down after a short period of time, they become very dry — really like a matchstick,” “And they can explode. Also leaves. When you have dried leaves on the ground, it’s just fuel for the fires.”

Hmmmm. Wow. This profound “wisdom” and insight makes me want to smoke. Guess I’ll just step outside for a bit...perhaps walk, get a pack in that way.  Worst air quality in the World right here right now. And some things still make me mad enough to knee jerk that old familiar coping mechanism. Why?

CC to xvaper