About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 46708 views.
TinyBadger

Oct-3

I hope so becsuythis is really hard! I'm going for a walk to take my mind off things and hopefully that helps. It's in the 40s right now do it won't be too hot, which is very nice. Still thinking about starfish and hoping if I save my smoking money I can go see the ocean.

JoelJose

Oct-3

Hii.. Its my 12 th day. I feel so happy.. I dont want to carry the lighter and the cancer sticks with me anymore... Can i get some motivation?

Nice Noping! 12 full days is awesome! You are almost through Heck Week. You are not alone in thus battle. Your fellow quitters are experiencing the nasty craves right alongside you so keep going and posting and offering support to them too. I promise you that life is so much better without this drug addiction. Into day 13. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Loreficent

Oct-4

Cannon Beach is nice Tiny. They have my favorite coffee shop on the Coast. It’s a quaint little town and filled with tourists. The beach is nice as it is deep meaning a long way from where it opens out to the water’s edge and relatively safer than other beaches for that reason this time of year. It’s also all sand and very little rock. You can walk a long way and find some tide pools further down. There is a huge rock called Haystack Rock that is the stopping point for many sea birds, your favorites. You’ll probably find some Starfish there. Too many people for me mostly. I like being more secluded or as alone as I can be with the Ocean. Clears my head better. Pat’s Aunt has a cottage there. So nice to visit and walk the beach with her. Definitely stop there if you end up at Oregon Coast but visit some of the more wild beaches too. Lots of people swim at Cannon. There is State Park just North that is nice. Good hikes. Oswald West is South and you can hike through some old growth forest from the parking area to the beach and it is very pretty. Good hikes from that point too. That beach is more my kind of area. Lots of surfers and good tide pools close too. It’s all beautiful. Writing about it has me wanting to go out today. Was up early and sat outside with the dogs for a bit and then went back to bed and slept too late. Max is goofy. May take him on my run with me today. I think he can do it. Also got this idea now to borrow Daughter’s bike and ride too. I see people with their dogs running next to them while they ride their bikes and it freaks me out a little. Think it’s better to have feet on the ground if with a dog maybe? Got the week off now and am gonna try and get out of my funk. Don’t think it is entirely smoking related as it feels good not to smoke. It really does. Maybe run and nap and start a new batch of Jun. My SCOBY is huge now and I want to find a home for some of it. Want some SCOBY? Anyway...figure it’s ok just be in a funk too. Tides come and go. Always leave bits of treasures either way. 

TinyBadger

Oct-4

I'm not a touristy kind of gal. And I don't mind rocks. I just want to see some stuff in a  tide pool, if possible. And of course the ocean. I know it's going to be magical. I'll have to visit the less populated areas. And yes, I hate seabirds. They are the rats of the air. Swooping down to take your sammich right out of your hand. Morally reprehensible. What the heck is this scoby you're always talking about? And does it have anything to do with your fermentation experimentation? I was doing pretty ok today, then I was making dinner and thought I'd just go out and have a smoke. Then I realized I don't smoke anymore and was terribly sad. I'm glad I don't smoke but I feel like I'm grieving the loss of a good friend. A friend that was killing me, but a friend nonetheless. We did everything together, through good times and bad. I just want one. Just a little, itsy bitsy one. Maybe just a drag...not to worry, I won't do it, but man if like to have one right about now.

Loreficent

Oct-4

I’m not a touristy kind of gal either. Always picture myself visiting places across the pond and just going to the small towns and countryside and sitting in a little coffee shop or pub. Or just driving through the countryside. Maybe some places I’d go see museums or some good stuff. Castles. I want to see Castles. Not Sand Castles, big stone castles. With dungeons and moats and dragons and all of it. Always want to go to Ireland and spend a few days in the bigger cities and then a few weeks just driving around and along their West Coast. 
Glad it is only smoking thoughts. I hear you. It was a real friend in some ways, one that is gone now and it always feels like there wasn’t closure for the friendship, yes? I do know what you mean and I know it was a bad friendship. We all know that. It certainly took more than it ever gave, and personally, I think friendship should have a bit more balance.  Sometimes it’s better to just sit with them and acknowledge that it’s hard and you miss it. We won’t always. And the wonderful things we have since the break up aren’t worth giving up for sure. I think to just keep minimizing those feelings and brushing them off though doesn’t help sometimes. 
Yes! My fermentation experiment. My lovely golden brew perfectly fermented by my SCOBY. It grows a new one each batch, hence, I now have a lot of SCOBY. They are ugly enough that perhaps if I put up posters folks would feel sorry and want to give them a home, Lol! They are not furry though. A furry SCOBY would be a bad thing and mean mold. Mine are very healthy as I gave them the purest raw unfiltered local honey and organic cane sugar there is around. 
So...I finished a 90 minute run a bit ago and am now happily sitting on my deck in the lowering light with a Pint! A Pint of Kombucha!  And not smoking. The day does not get better than this right here. Well, maybe it will a bit as I’m off to the Crunchy Store soon to get the World’s Best chocolate milk. Then I’m gonna plop myself in front of Netflix with some yarn and a hook and let my mind wander. Daughter’s bike has a flat tire that Pat said he would pump up when he gets home and maybe I’ll take a moonlight ride. I think I have a very good and lucky life. Better without smoking even if like you I also miss my buddy. 

TinyBadger

Oct-4

Oh gross. I googled scoby and I am not in love with your pancake of weirdness. You can make candy out of scoby, though. I also saw that you can make kombucha gummy bears... Good luck with the milk and be careful night riding.

Loreficent

Oct-4

Oh Tiny! Hilarious! I’m glad you googled them. Yes...pancakes of weirdness! Lovely living weirdness! Sometimes I talk to them. Told Daughter she can use some to make some sort of skin cream she read about. I’ve read about SCOBY candy and dog treats too. I will be careful. Will stick to the bike boulevards or side streets. Oh man...gotta go now to store. Sky has that amazing skyblue pink color that makes me just soar.

TinyBadger

Oct-5

Scoby is so gross looking. And I don't know about making cream out of it. It looks kind of gelatinous and slimy. Got back from the doggy dermatologist and we are going to try a couple of things. A food elimination diet and prednisone for a month. She thinks like we do, that it'd a seasonal thing, but could also be an overgrowth of bacteria on the skin. Could also be a food allergy. We already do a crunchy food because one of our dogs barfs everything up and the crunchy crap was all he could handle, but you never know. I know a lot of people that give their dogs raw meat because they are like wolves but I'm not up for that. Kinds gross plus I worry about the safety of uncooked meats from the store. Osiris yis going to be very upset that he won't be getting treats for 8 weeks, only his dry kibble as rewards for his do-gooding. He takes meds for seizures and we normally give pill pockets but I guess we are just supposed to ram that pill in the back of his throat and pray he swallows 3 times a day. I wanted to smoke pretty bad. I took my wallet into a gas station to pee do I could buy smoked but my husband intercepted me. Damn him. I wish I didn't want to smoke anymore .

Loreficent

Oct-5

Ok, let’s make a deal. I want to also, but won’t and neither will you. I am gonna opt for taking a nap on a very gorgeous afternoon instead. It is not like me to waste sunshine this time of year, but, right now it is smoking cessation survival!