About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 46786 views.
Eve1973

Oct-10

Ok I’m lost....... don’t think we have those.     We have bats

Jatchat

Oct-10

In Australia we call them Cicadas

Loreficent

Oct-10

Oh! Thanks Anthony! I was thinking they were at least in that family. In the Southern US states Cicada is much bigger, but most of the bugs down there are it seems. And they make a very loud noise at night in the trees. 

• Edited October 10, 2020 1:56 am  by  Loreficent
JoelJose

Oct-10

are you telling me not to post here?

JoelJose

Oct-10

Hi Anthony, whats up? I hope you have a great day. Did you took new photographs?

euknight

Oct-13

Good Morning Lore,

Have to say This cave shot you took is the one I pick for me today.  In the dark cave and looking out into the sunshine beach scene.  This effect just speaks my heart...the dark cave around me for safety and protection.  I need this place so will keep it in my mind’s eye throughout this week.

I have learned through the death of my ex how important it is to make amends even with those that really did you wrong.  I am so grateful we were able to do that years ago because his friendship was just so great.  Much better as friends than married for sure.  The sad thing is his family has totally blown me off all these years....we have been divorced 11 years.

A good friend that knew him is going to the burial with me tomorrow.  Am hoping I can at least get his sister in law to share her phone number so I can go see Kiowa, his precious Shepherd who lives with them now.  That dog was out of control and he hinted around about me taking him “if” anything happened to him.  Really in retrospect I think he knew then something was wrong but had to stay in denial.

This is the kind of thing I would be smoking my head off at the cemetery.  My friend and I will hang back some.  It would be a crummy tribute to him to purposely cut my life off so young  and smoke when his was even younger.  I just thought he would always be there....but guys anybody could just poof....be gone in a moment.  Sigh

Thanks for listening.  May have to write a bit about this

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

Oct-13

Good morning Love,

I am so sorry you have so much pain right now and wish I could just take it away and make it better. I love the fact that you were reconciled and friends. This is what you must hang onto now. Yes, be in the cave there, watching the waves, the respirations of our planet and mother and home. Just let them wash in and out and carry your heart for a while. In that small cave there is a tide pool that is brimming with life and each time I’ve gone I find something different in there. The sounds and echoes of the water in there are one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard. As lovely and calming as the wind whispering through the old growth in the forest nearby. All these sounds, these moments, I send to you today with hope and peace to calm your mind and soothe your soul. The preciousness of life cannot be quantified in written words. It can only be felt deeply in our hearts and souls. Perhaps we are only as deeply aware of it in moments of loss of a loved one. You are blessed to have come full circle with him, in the reconciliation that you made, and I know this is your treasure now to have this. Be with it and be in the cave. My heart is there with you too my friend. purple_heart

JoelJose

Oct-13

Hii.. Can i join your conversation?

euknight

Oct-13

Sweet Lore,
Thank you for letting me write about it and thanks for your response.

I think I will have to write a lot in my journal to process this.  Talked to Tues. tribe about some old times with him today.  It wasn’t bad but felt strange.  My friend’s daughter who had a giant crush on him when she was little may come with us to the burial.  Guess more strength in numbers.  Maybe they will tell stories.  Probably.  I just want to be with his huge German Shepard right now.  Weird.

I do like the protective rock of the cave walls framing the outside world.  I am afraid of another day like Sunday...but whatever comes I will get through it somehow.  Like being in a vise grip.  

Very true of the preciousness of life.  More than anything I see this through veiled eyes.  I don’t know how people survive this hating their ex.  Maybe it would be easier.  I have no doubt that friends are better than lovers always

Hugs

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

Oct-13

Oh, I don’t think wanting to be with Kiowa is weird at all. Makes sense to me. I have a small oil painting done by a local artist I bet you’d love. It is a skeleton hugging a dog. I got it because when someone passes, their fur family grieves too and I think this is often forgotten. It sounds a tad morbid but it is actually a really pretty picture. I’m glad you have friends to go with. 
Mmhmmm. Whatever comes, you will get through it. Comfort of the Cave. The walls of rock surrounding. That cave is actually rather deep and high and conceivably, one could go in there and wait out the tide as there are rocks to climb up and sit on. There are caves down a bit further that the Sea Lions hang out in. You’d like them too. 
I think you should come right out and ask about Kiowa. Maybe he could visit you for a bit? They may be glad to have the offer while they take care of things. Just a thought. 
Yes...friends are better than lovers. It doesn’t sound to me your eyes are veiled. Not many come full circle like you did with him. What a treasure in a short life. 
Well, I have a candle going for you Peggy. It will last about seven days and will be sending light and love.