About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 44674 views.
euknight

Oct-23

Holy Carp...Love that one, Tiny!!

Dang that mama was NOT giving up.  Kinda like the Nicodemon!!,!

Can’t believe how long she pursued!!!  Such determination.   That is just the best advertisement for NOT going up there alone or unarmed!!!

Eek.  Saw one on my property years ago.  It was not healthy and I was in the car one morning pulling out to go to work.  It just looked at me.  Documented it but it was not seen again.  We get more bobcat.  I think that was a one time thing.

euknight

Oct-23

Tiny,

oh thank you!!!  It is good to be back!!  How are you doing?  Any crazy craves?

Really appreciate the feedback on Kiowa.  It got so cold here all of a sudden so I don’t feel like going to the ranch cos it’s a couple hours west.    Part of me doesn’t want to go to bring it all up again but that would probably be healthy.  So will see.

oh guess I didn’t tell y’all my test was NEGATIVE.  Sorry about that!,  Lol.  Hope everybody else from funeral is ok.  How is your town???

Loreficent

Oct-23

Haha! My “secret cocktail”? Well, I don’t want to get in any trouble here so disclaimer up front: This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA! It is a Loreficent mix of two things and I make no claims to efficacy, potency, safety, blah, blah, blah.... you get my drift. But I will say...I swear by this at the onset of a cold. Right at the very beginning mind you! And...do not do it more than 4-5 days. I also dose about once or twice a week since the pandemic. I prefer “Nature’s Way” brand as they have been vetted by Consumer Lab. Ready??
Astragalus 1,400mg and Echinacea 1,000mg each serving. 3 capsules of each one, 3 times a day at first sign of illness. I also add same brand Vitamin C with Rose Hips 1,000mg per serving daily most days. so there you have it. Pretty much Voodoo, as most medicine is. First, Do No Harm. 
There is evidence for better outcomes with Covid if one’s Vitamin D level is adequate. Now...I think I’m pretty out there with the amount of milk I drink as an adult, right? Mmmmhmmm. Have also been outside a lot this summer and have fairly tan lower legs and hands, and yes, even though bad, face too. Got my D level checked a week ago and it’s low normal and my doc told me to take 4,000 units a day for now. So...maybe get it checked first? 
Oh, so sad about the pool. I definitely relate Peggy to the loss of your space and place. Sounds like some good replacements you’re adding though!

Ok. I’m setting my mind to finding beauty in the cold as it appears I’m stuck with it for this year anyway. expressionless Still...I mostly want to hibernate. It will really hit with the time change on November 1st. Truthfully? That whole week is looking like it is going to be a stress filled challenge! joy Well, it will pass.   “All bleeding stops eventually!” as we say...  Also, it was validating to read about your crave with the cold. Yes, absurd for us to have it, but validating nonetheless and you’re not alone. Thank you. 
So far all coworkers resting at home. They are all my age or younger, non smokers. So, I think they will be ok. 
I notice I’ve been writing all over the place here and it helps me a lot. So...there you go! 
Gotta get my act together for tomorrow. For some reason I have an extra high anxiety level for the coming weekend. I think it makes sense? I’m gonna treat it like a rock as I say...toss it up and see where it lands! I am kind of planning on just work, sleep, Walk, work, sleep, walk. Don’t worry...I’ll stay away from walking by my work and wait till I get home. It was a very unusual thing for me to do that day, but was totally necessary in that moment, and extremely cathartic. And...I didn’t kill anyone, and body killed me, so Win/Win! Yay!

By the way, I love this quote Luke put in the other thread “No pressure, No Diamonds “. Love. That. 

Ok friend...so good to see you. kissing_heart

P.S. Glad you liked the blue bug! He was stunning! I knew you would.

• Edited October 23, 2020 10:33 pm  by  Loreficent
livtoswim

Oct-26

Hello !  Spending time with family in San Francisco! Going on week 3 no smoking!!!.   How are you?  How's it going?

D

Loreficent

Oct-26

Wow! That’s great! I love SF. Haven’t been in a few years. Nice weather? We have a cold snap. It’s going pretty good. Holding my own so far. Dreading the PNW Winter. Oh, that’s right! You know what it’s like! 
Awesome work. Did you drive there? 

Loreficent

Oct-26

OMG. I have lost all hope of any brain fog clearing at all with this Quit! joyjoysob

The latest post in the October 2020 New Ex Smokers thread has made me realize just oh so much. So very much really, just how many brain cells this addiction has likely killed in so many....stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes Ok. Right. So, here we go. Forward March, Steel myself, NOPE, and all of that. Wow. Maybe back to bed for me for a while! joy There is proof that after nearly 10 years the brain can be just as dimmed by ignorance and hate talk as it can be from nicotine. Ugh. 

• Edited October 26, 2020 2:39 pm  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Oct-26

Good gravy. It takes all types...on a brighter note, my office is freezing so I've been wearing my hat with a ball on it all day. I love a good winter hat with a ball perched atop it. I have a lot of hats, you know. One of the ladies at work made me some felted mittens and a hat from alpaca. Very toasty. A little too toasty some days. I was kind of sad to come back to work but glad I'm covid free. I was pretty worried. You been to the ocean lately? Any urchins or anemones? Maybe a little starfish ?

Loreficent

Oct-26

There you are! I was getting worried! Will write more later...I’m filling out my ballot and am gonna walk to the Ballot Box. Back soon!heart_eyes

Loreficent

Oct-27

No, I haven’t been for a bit now. Of course I have the ever present yearning though. Just finished watching “My Octopus Teacher” on Netflix. You should watch it Tiny. The cinematography is breathtaking. The deeper story and meaning more so. Brought me back to what I said to Jaka in another thread about being rats in a maze. Not in the smoking sense, but in the life sense. But, there, when we look at that situation, we have to take into account that the rats did not put themselves in the maze. Rather they are victims of circumstance and prey of our folly mostly, poor things. We on the other hand, have so many options and choices. This guy who did the movie realized he was burnt out on what he had been driven by and was doing. So he took some time and did some things differently. His life ended up profoundly deepened and heart changed. So...of course, this has me thinking. Which is great of course. Usually. It’s of course better when there isn’t a pandemic and other limitations to deal with. But yeah. Watch it. So good. 

TinyBadger

Oct-27

I'm going to have to check it out. I do like movies that make me think. Oh, here's a funny one! A lady I work with loves hallmark movies. I mean LOVES them. So she watches them and only those movies year round. I've always teased her a little, very gently, of course. So she keeps pushing them on me but I don't have cable so I've had an out. Now she finds them on youtube and is creating a watch list for me! Oh noes! Something about two princes for Christmas is up first. She loves a happy ending and says they bring her peace do maybe I do need a hallmark movie...