About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 59348 views.
TinyBadger

Dec-1

I did and it was great. My mind did wander, like you said, but it was soothing. I'm doing better today, and I scheduled a therapy appointment a little earlier in the week than usual, just to get some support. I've still got lozenges in my purse if I need one. I'm trying to avoid it but my quit is too important to fool around with. Day 174. I thought I'd be done with cravings by now but I was a fool to think this would go away so quickly. How are the airpods? What are you reading? I'm reading the round house by louise erdrich. It's pretty good. I always dreamt of having a book club but then I remember that I hate people and I like picking my own books. I'm pretty weird that way. 

Loreficent

Dec-1

Good! I really like it too. I think if you do it a few days you get to where you want to just take that 20 minutes and start looking forward to it. Sometimes I fall asleep joy which is fine as I still wake up calmer. 
So right now I’m reading “Sapiens: A Brief History Of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari. It’s very readable and good. I’m also rereading Jennifer Government by Max Barry. That one is fiction and highly entertaining. 
Right now I’m stressed because I have to have my piercings out for this surgery and can’t get a couple of them on my own. No walk ins at the shops cause of COVID so am waiting to hear back from one place to see if I can go this afternoon. It’s kind of stupid actually unless they are working on that area, but the OR makes the rules and one must comply! 
So gotta go for now. Get cat food stocked up, other stuff, and then relax. Plus I’m trying to get really well hydrated to lessen my chances of barfing from anesthesia and I gotta pee all the time! Ack! Ok....maybe TMI with that. joy

euknight

Dec-1

Hey sista...

Man far behind again!!, oh well.....OF COURSE I think I can post a pic when they are finished with the cliff side pool ....guess I just bring iPad down there. Sorry not real tech savvy. Lol. They always go whole hog on stuff!,! Ooooops just saw on ur Thanksgiving post you eat meat once a year and not pork....you go girl!!!

You know I AM going to ask the Wildlife Dept about the gun.....I have a wildlife exemption after all. Your right too....am a much better shot with a shotgun/rifle anyway. Still not going to hike that land tho. Sigh. Yep glad the muffs have the smarts to stay close to the house.

I hear ya about going to the coast. That is a spectacular idea about going to the shack!! !oh you were so looking forward to it and then the cousin came. The upper meadow description.....gorgeous. Is there a stove by chance in there?? That would be awesome with the HUSH of snow all around.

You never talk about a lot of nothing btw. I firmly believe those conversations are a part of the simple things in life that bring pure calm. I was absolutely GIDDY at the sunset before the cold front came in the other night....not sunset colors, just a golden glow blowing out like a flame......and got so cold had to come in. New Fave activity is long conversations laying on a blanket looking over the valley with dogs wrestling......I don’t know about y’all’s dogs but mine are getting crazy frisky with onset of cooler temps.

Cracked me up about critters smarter than you....still sleeping on bed. Hoping they tuck you in good tonight and sweet sleep come softly to give you rest before surgery tomorrow. Will read further on these posts to see what time you go in. Love ya

Peggy
5-8-20

euknight

Dec-1

Sorry late and not mushy at all cos am in total agreement that this tribe is the best thing that could have happened to me to stay on the NOPE trail!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! How’s that for mushy!! And I like the sound of your turkey, Lore, quite delish. I came home with 2 days of leftovers so that was the bomb. And Eve my mashed potatoes were a big hit as am sure your’s were. Bacon? Wow. Do you do the bacon in Mac and cheese too?.?Lol!!! Oh and I will take some of that gourmet pie, Tiny from the local bakery. Dangerous.

Whoa, sista....and it has been a bumpy one, has it not? I feel like I get knocked off balance by the next blow and am reeling and dizzy trying to stand up again. Without the cigarette crutch that is. I have learned that no matter what hits I can still stand tall hugely because of you guys. I also can take off through the wind yelling a war cry!” Whatever it takes, right, gals!!??. I’m game!,!,!

Have a wonderful evening my friends. We are all thinking about you tomorrow Lore. All is well

Hugs,
Peggy
5-8-20

Loreficent

Dec-1

Ohhh, thank you Peggy Love. 
You will have a Desert Sunset soon! One is heading your way tomorrow I hear. blush I don’t have to be there until 1:15pm. So no eating or drinking after midnight. Ugh. Mostly folks don’t want to see me before my morning coffee! joy 
Wait...you are here! Let me read what you wrote. But yes, I ate Turkey with Venison stuffing. All done with flesh till next year. Well, that’s not true as I love Salmon. That was rare this year with Covid, the one I die for anyway which is Copper River King. OMG. Nothing like it. Nothing. I did get some Pacific Sockeye though. 
Back in a bit! 

euknight

Dec-1

Oh oh I think I am going to cry!,!  Desert sunrise!!  Hey I could use a good cry!  Not necessarily a sad one either!!  Lotsa good stuff!  So grateful!

Ah 1:15!,  That’s not bad so you can have coffee?  Hallelujah!!  Oooops I see no food or drink.  Eeeek.   So what is this Copper River King.....salmon?  Like the best in the world?.?  Dang I LOVE salmon and have absolutely NO IDEA how good that probably is.  Yummmmmo.

Very happy you have plentiful access to it tho!!

Loreficent

Dec-1

Yes, it is Salmon! From the Copper River in Alaska, caught during cold run and is really the best Salmon I’ve ever had. So...when I was on the Rez, they were fishing the Chinook run. One of the fellas came in the clinic taking orders and asking folks how much they wanted. $1 a pound . Yup. So, there I was, living alone there and didn’t know anyone and thought, ok, 5 pounds is probably enough for me as my little fridge only had a little freezer. So he looks at me a little bit funny and says, “ok, I’ll try”. So end of the day, he pulls into the clinic in his old beater car with the trunk full of ice, and...a bunch of whole, just caught Salmon. I mean fresh. Folks were going out with big plastic bags, which I had to take a clean garage bag as I didn’t know what to expect. And he grabs the smallest one, Maybe about 9 or 10 pounds, and hands me this fish, whole, eyes blank and staring, and I took it with my bare hands and put it in the bag and gave him $10. He gave me back $5 and said “you only wanted 5 pounds”. So...I take this Salmon back to my little place and it really almost didn’t fit in the fridge and I was thinking, so, now what? So I whacked off it’s head and tail so it would fit in the fridge, and realized that it still had all of it’s innards. Well, honestly, I’ve never cleaned a fish and had no clue what to do. So I went in to work next day and took it to the Doc I was working with and gave it to him. This isn’t much of a story now, but the whole thing is kind of funny if you’d seen me walking back from the clinic to my housing carrying a bag of Salmon, and then carrying it back in the next day. The look on the guy who brought it it to me was priceless. He looked at me like “Yup. Dumb white woman and her Salmon, now what’s she gonna do?”. Well, he was right. And I still don’t know how to clean a fish!! Told my Dad about it on the phone and he laughed his butt off and asked why I didn’t call so he could talk me through it. Well. Cause all I had was a bread knife is why.

gkim

Dec-4

Do you have any reason to believe you have Covid? Been near anyone or travelled snd do on? When I had Covid I had no other symptoms except for a low grade fever snd I’d say 100 is a low grade. Such a suggestion but I’d go get tested sooner than later especially if you have to go to work. Test results usually take 2 days unless you get the rapid test. It’s better to be safe?

Loreficent

Dec-4

Hi Gkim,

I had to look back and see when I wrote about being sick, lol! I had a couple of days of low fever early November, don’t think was COVID, I think that is what you wrote to here? I am around it all the time at work but wear PPE. Was off for a few days at that time when I wrote that so didn’t get tested. Just got tested before my surgery and was good. I’m glad your case was rather mild! Not a disease I want. Was waffling on vaccine but think I will get it. 

gkim

Dec-5

Yes, I’d definitely get it. Was also scary about this virus is that they are finding out there’s some terrible long term effects. Months later people are getting debilitating symptoms. Why change it when there’s a vaccine. Glad you’re recovering well.