About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 67396 views.
Eve1973

Jan-5

So still not done the ceiling, have to order more because went a different direction then planned on. No biggie. You will just need to wait a lil longer on pics. So doing this by myself is time consuming, but yes I will need to paint, especially since I made marks all over, but it comes primed already. But love how it’s turning out. Yep, back to work tomorrow......ugh. We are supposed to be tested weekly. Hmmmm

Did you call Aunt Georgie? How she doing? Is she still eating her edibles? Lol, I know you have PTSD from her, but BOY DID I LOVE THE STORIES!!  It kept me SO ENTERTAINED! 

I think people are just so fed up with living like this that they forget that you are human also! And you are more at risk then they are. Crazy that lady having to go to Mexico. I applaud your response though! I hope it made her “think”, but most likely not! 

I wanna win the lottery!!! Lol 

Well hope you have a nice night! Heading again to Home Depot, after shower! Hugs

oh Peggy your gathering sounds fun and I echo Lores applause of putting it off! Better safe and 6feet away! Lol

CC to euknight
gkim

Jan-5

You are a very sweet soul. And brave. 

Loreficent

Jan-6

Sooo....just when you’re at the end of your rope, thinking all the World is chaos and there aren’t good things left, comes this delivery today at work. The picture isn’t great, and don’t mind the urinal vase (all we hadjoy) but I had just texted a Dear friend asking her to send me some hope and then comes this lovely floral delivery from a person I took care of this past weekend. There was the most beautiful, thoughtful, sweet card thanking me for being there in what was a dark and uncertain moment for her. She said she was grateful and told me how much a difference I made for her that day and how she was truly thankful for the the care she received. Well, with this bouquet and the text of hope and encouragement and inspiration from my friend, I will go to bed tonight with some faith and hope restored in humankind. Also needless to say, I just cried and cried. I am touched beyond words and wanted to share with all of you who may have been reading how lately some folks have been very difficult and challenging and how I was having a hard time making sense of what is going on with the World. Well...I’d say there is still some good going on for sure. Hopefully sharing this brings some hope and faith in humankind for you all as well. 

• Edited January 6, 2021 11:21 pm  by  Loreficent
Eve1973

Jan-7

That’s wonderful! I’m so happy

Thanks for sharing and LOVE THAT VASE hahaha!. Yes there are some awesome people who do show us their gratitude. One cancer patient who comes to talk to us daily, left us a huge sandwich plate from a local deli. It's people like her that make our jobs worth the hassles and making sure only those having procedures enter the hospital. Onto another day and staying in the battle zones. Stay safe!! blush

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

gkim

Jan-7

How wonderful that person is! Some are thankful but they don’t always let us know. Yes, there are beautiful people in the world. You must be such a caring nurse! From experience I know what it’s like to be in the hospital, feeling alone and scared. A kind word or gesture just makes all the difference. It’s people like you, Lor, and people like your patient that makes this world truly a better place. Thanks for sharing your story. I’m so uplifted!

Loreficent

Jan-7

Made my day. Truly. How was first day back for you? Did you get tested? Also known as “the nasal assault “joy Usually in those situations, here anyway, it is the rapid test or the one that goes in the nostrils, so not quite as bad. You can do it Eve! Will make you part of the special club!joy

Loreficent

Jan-7

Ahhh, the vase. Priceless, right? Where would us medical folks be without a bit of our “off” sense of humor? Yes, the battle zone...when we take care of someone who’s been in a car crash, we at least know that same car isn’t gonna jump out and hit us too. Not true with Covid. You stay safe too Debbie. Yes, always grateful for the goodies and smiles and things that make it worth it in the end. 

Loreficent

Jan-7

Thanks Gkim, I’m glad it left you feeling good. It sure did me too! True too that not all folks show gratitude, which is ok. Sure makes it worth it when some do though. It sounds like you had some kind folks looking after you as well. I’m glad to hear that. I left the Lillies in their lovely vase at work for all to enjoy as my one kitty likes to nibble plants and they are toxic to cats. The card though, I will treasure forever and is on my fridge! blush

Eve1973

Jan-7

1st day back was tough......just was like What you expect me to work? Lol but not too bad. No testing yet......of course they haven’t worked out all the details. But was told would be spit test.......who knows. 

Glad she made your day! You and your coworkers and anyone else who is a healthcare worker should be praised, bowed, and be given a high five everyday, and a standing ovation! And if you can picture that.......I give that too you!