About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 66142 views.
Loreficent

Jan-7

Ahhh, the vase. Priceless, right? Where would us medical folks be without a bit of our “off” sense of humor? Yes, the battle zone...when we take care of someone who’s been in a car crash, we at least know that same car isn’t gonna jump out and hit us too. Not true with Covid. You stay safe too Debbie. Yes, always grateful for the goodies and smiles and things that make it worth it in the end. 

Loreficent

Jan-7

Thanks Gkim, I’m glad it left you feeling good. It sure did me too! True too that not all folks show gratitude, which is ok. Sure makes it worth it when some do though. It sounds like you had some kind folks looking after you as well. I’m glad to hear that. I left the Lillies in their lovely vase at work for all to enjoy as my one kitty likes to nibble plants and they are toxic to cats. The card though, I will treasure forever and is on my fridge! blush

Eve1973

Jan-7

1st day back was tough......just was like What you expect me to work? Lol but not too bad. No testing yet......of course they haven’t worked out all the details. But was told would be spit test.......who knows. 

Glad she made your day! You and your coworkers and anyone else who is a healthcare worker should be praised, bowed, and be given a high five everyday, and a standing ovation! And if you can picture that.......I give that too you! 

gkim

Jan-7

Yes I have had some really kind nurses but I’ve also had nurses that are just plain mean. That’s the worst. You feel so helpless when you’re in the hospital and sad as it is and then when a nurse is mean to you... well she made me cry. Lol that’s a very long time ago and I remember that one nurse in particular. Oh well. There are all kinds. 

Loreficent

Feb-10

Ahhh...glad you liked the crocuses. They’re pretty sweet. This park by me has a patch that just gets covered. I’ll walk over there tomorrow and see if those are popping up yet. Supposed to get some snow here at the end of the week. I’ve learned since living here to believe it when I see it. Always interesting when it happens, joy
Hmmm. Feel like I’ve not been in this thread a while. Not sure where I’ve been? Lol. Head in the clouds a bit. Trying to wear out time some. Saw John today. Am thinking he might make my anniversary....? We shall see. Anyway...was a lovely day. More soon. 

euknight

Feb-10

Sweet Lore!!

Ohhhhhhhh I love that pic in this season.  So fun to see what the winter there really looks like.  It is amazing to me that John is still standing.  Just must have some really sturdy stock there!!,!  I know they have you......and THAT is Definitely sturdy stock!,

I know it just kinda freaks me out that your year is coming...almost cry!!  Well that is not something new for me.  Lol. But after the year you had and still smoke free?  There are no words.

Man the cold weather did come sneaking in today.  I am really happy to be cooped up!!,  Way too much activity for me lately.

You have been around....well maybe less than before.  I just have not.  Guess there is seasons for everything.  I have not gone anywhere .  Love y’all too much!

Hugs to you and critters!

Peggykissing_closed_eyes

5-8-20

Loreficent

Feb-10

Ahhh...yes. Seasons for everything. Still a bit of hibernation season for me. The sun yesterday and today though was most welcome! And you have ice! Oh boy. We have a “Winter Storm Watch” starting tomorrow at noon. On one hand I’m hoping to see John with a little snow, but on the other I worry it will bring him down. But yes....good stock for sure. Tenacious. Perhaps even formidable. Definitely what I call “intestinal fortitude”, lol! If a plant can have that?joy 
Thank you for thinking I’m sturdy stock. Most of the time, yeah. But I was “watered well” by others for sure, like my folks. I’ve also got times of being not so sturdy. I’m ok with that too. 

Winter here is generally pretty grey and wet, with sun breaks. When that happens it can get pretty chilly, so it makes it pretty lovely actually. Crispness in the air. Nice. I’m finding that with the better breathing the cold air doesn’t hurt like it did before. So I’ll take that as a positive thing! Will be nice if we actually get some snow for a bit. May as well! Nothing else to do, lol! Standing in line at the store might be fun if I can throw snowballs at folks! Hahaha! joy Yeah, we still do that here most places. Stand in line. Funny how it’s just kind of normal now. 

I do know you are always here in Spirit, even if not writing. As am I. I’ll write more soon too. 
Big hugs back to you Peggy Love!!! Your nightly kiss will be on the wind soon! kissing_heart

• Edited February 10, 2021 11:57 pm  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Feb-20

Oh Peggy...

You doing ok where you are? Just keep hearing such sad news from Texas. Wow. My heart goes out to you all. Texans are known to be tough, but...Mother Nature...well, she is a force none of us can reckon with really. I’m so sorry it is all such a mess. Let us know how you are when you get a chance please. Till then, my heart and prayers are with you all down there. 
This little goat was very funny, with her tongue out...hope she makes you smile. We fed them Cheetos. They were hilarious with them! 
Big hugs and lots of love East. kissing_heart 

Loreficent

Feb-20

Picture wouldn’t load in other message. The workings of this forum are at times well beyond my technology capabilities....

kissing_heart

gkim

Feb-20

Lol is that the pet goat?