About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First 10 days review   General Chit-Chat

Started 5/6/20 by Musivore; 76132 views.
Loreficent

Feb-10

Ahhh...yes. Seasons for everything. Still a bit of hibernation season for me. The sun yesterday and today though was most welcome! And you have ice! Oh boy. We have a “Winter Storm Watch” starting tomorrow at noon. On one hand I’m hoping to see John with a little snow, but on the other I worry it will bring him down. But yes....good stock for sure. Tenacious. Perhaps even formidable. Definitely what I call “intestinal fortitude”, lol! If a plant can have that?joy 
Thank you for thinking I’m sturdy stock. Most of the time, yeah. But I was “watered well” by others for sure, like my folks. I’ve also got times of being not so sturdy. I’m ok with that too. 

Winter here is generally pretty grey and wet, with sun breaks. When that happens it can get pretty chilly, so it makes it pretty lovely actually. Crispness in the air. Nice. I’m finding that with the better breathing the cold air doesn’t hurt like it did before. So I’ll take that as a positive thing! Will be nice if we actually get some snow for a bit. May as well! Nothing else to do, lol! Standing in line at the store might be fun if I can throw snowballs at folks! Hahaha! joy Yeah, we still do that here most places. Stand in line. Funny how it’s just kind of normal now. 

I do know you are always here in Spirit, even if not writing. As am I. I’ll write more soon too. 
Big hugs back to you Peggy Love!!! Your nightly kiss will be on the wind soon! kissing_heart

• Edited February 10, 2021 11:57 pm  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Feb-20

Oh Peggy...

You doing ok where you are? Just keep hearing such sad news from Texas. Wow. My heart goes out to you all. Texans are known to be tough, but...Mother Nature...well, she is a force none of us can reckon with really. I’m so sorry it is all such a mess. Let us know how you are when you get a chance please. Till then, my heart and prayers are with you all down there. 
This little goat was very funny, with her tongue out...hope she makes you smile. We fed them Cheetos. They were hilarious with them! 
Big hugs and lots of love East. kissing_heart 

Loreficent

Feb-20

Picture wouldn’t load in other message. The workings of this forum are at times well beyond my technology capabilities....

kissing_heart

gkim

Feb-20

Lol is that the pet goat?

SusanK1960

Feb-23

Our Magnificent Loreficent stopped smoking one year ago today!  Now she had a bit of a hiccup a few months into her quit, so she wavered on whether to start over on the stopwatch, HOWEVER, in my mind, it was an experiment,  not a relapse, “ sometimes we need lose the small battles to win the war”.

Loreficient, I raise a glass to your accomplishment of becoming an ex-smoker!  Eve and I are glad to have you at the party!!

Loreficent

Feb-23

Yes!! One of them, there were five. So so cute and rambunctious! I love goats. Wish I could have one. 

Loreficent

Feb-23

Ahhh....! Susan! 
Yes...and you were a saving grace that day for me, and I will never forget how you helped me save face with my confession.  Thank you. From the bottom of my heart! 

Wow. Just...wow. What a long slow ride, and long strange trip it’s been for sure. I undoubtedly will have more to expound with later, perhaps tomorrow. Kind of beat from a long day, but definitely will be checking on John. I’m pretty sure he made it with me; was tall and unwavering yesterday. 
More importantly...are all of you who have made it with me! Eternally grateful to my Tribe. My heart will always be with you all. Wouldn’t be here for this milestone without  you girlz. For sure. 
kissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heart

• Edited February 23, 2021 11:21 pm  by  Loreficent
Anne2020

Feb-24

Congratulations on your first year and well done! 

Welcome to the clubhouse Loreficent.  

Eve1973

Feb-24

My Partner in Crime! You did it! I’m so so proud of you!

CONGRATULATIONS  

Sending confetti to you! 

You have inspired and truly kept people grounded including myself ! You wrote long long ......squirrel stories! Lol and kept everyone entertained. Georgie was my favorite by far! 

Now that you have achieved this very high goal of yours, where or how are you going to celebrate? 

I truly want to thank you and Susan for being there when needed, I know DARN WELL if you hadn’t been here, I would’ve failed. So from the bottom of my heart I THANK YOU BOTH! 

Peggy without your pms to keep me sane I know I would have relapsed so you are definitely a big part too! We will in be celebrating you in 2 1/2 months because you are a strong Woman! 

Lore, Yay yay yay drinks on you! 

Loreficent

Feb-24

Thank you Anne! 
You’re so helpful to folks here, and I appreciate the support! blush