About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I’m back and this time I’m not turning back!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started May-18 by cbeel5; 1611 views.
Myers75

Jun-15

Keep it up. I also relapsed like week or 2 back but I am fighting it again. I learned a lot of things in time when I was smoke free so its easier getting back to being non-smoker. You kind of see its not that big of a deal to stop it and its only a new better state of mind. Good luck.

• Edited June 15, 2020 5:35 am  by  Myers75
Lisataylor44

Jun-15

Hi, 

That was very encouraging. This 22nd June, i will be one month. Still going strong!! thank you for the support. keep in touch

DbAnne

Jun-15

Good to see you are hanging in there Lisa, way to go.  Hopefully, you are starting to feel pretty good about your quit.  I want to share with you an article that is in the forum, here is the link, which I hope will help you change your mind about how to deal with quitting.

https://www.verywellmind.com/mind-games-go-both-ways-when-you-quit-smoking-2824894

I go with the I am so pleased I do not smoke mantra every single day.  I wake up giving myself a pat on the back for not smoking, all day long I am telling myself what a great job I am doing, not smoking and how happy I am not to be smoking, and when I go to bed, I pat myself on the back for not smoking.  I am happy happy happy - absolutely ecstatic that I am not smoking.  I think this is probably why my quit has been relatively easy.

I hope you can find this mantra too.

Saturday (With images) | Happy day quotes, Have a happy day, Big smileBECAUSE I DIDN'T SMOKEsmile Glitter Graphics, Memes and Comments

Cheers

• Edited June 15, 2020 12:07 pm  by  DbAnne
Lisataylor44

Jun-16

Thank you Anne,

i would attribute 50% to this forum to keep us all motivated. After reading the materials it really helps boost the morale. Thank you once again guys

euknight

Jun-24

Hi tractoman.....

Just a reminder to make a note on the milestone folder for your 2 month anniversary if you r still with us!!  Never got to congratulate you before.

Do you have a tractor?  I have a Deere.

Anyway, stay strong and keep up the great work!!

tractoman

Jun-24

1948 Ford 8N.

Lisataylor44

Jul-12

Hello Anne

Today is my 50th day smoke free!! Whew. but now a days i have been chewing those Extra peppermint gums in the evening. (No nicotine at all). Hopefully i want to survive this year without that stick. Then it should be a cake walk and i will be a non smoker forever. Thank you once again for all the support.

i guess i will start giving myself a pat everyday too!!