About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Sunday May 31 ...    General Chit-Chat

Started May-31 by JerseyDee; 572 views.
JerseyDee

May-31

Good Morning All .. So here we are on the eve of June.  Finally some nice warm weather out my way.  I have not been dealing with cravings at the moment and all is well .. I did well yesterday afternoon as well and surprised myself .. even had a virtual date last night and I had a couple of drinks during it ..

,,, still even with alcohol cravings went OK. That was good.  However, later last night I thought and dwelled on how clumsy and awkward this video dating is while in lock down is and meeting virtually for first time and how conversation was noit flowing 100% due these obstacles and then I got whipped up and thinking of all that and wanting a smoke to ease my mind.  Junkie.

On a personal note I am really into this guy: good looking and good pesrsonality but do not know the impression I made on him on video.  Virtual/Video can suck.  The whole thing is just so odd all being done virtually during this lock down.

Anyway, today I will wrestle around the thought on whether I blew it or not. whether I hear from him or  not . And NOT let my mind going to junkie thinking in this time of stress.  NOPE .. not going to happen .. not today. not ever.

I heading out the door soon to take the dog for a walk and take in this sun/weather.  But before i do I am pledging my NOPE pledge and leaving you with a quote of the day that I am feeling this morning.  Doesn't pertain directly to the quit .. but indirectly as it applies to life, thus applies to well being and mental state .. so indeed indirectly to the quit.  Take from it what you will.  Have a pleasant spring nearly June Sunday!   Who will be next to take their pledge today? ... 

“If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.”
 Tom Peters,

Ginger3077

May-31

Good morning fellow quitters. I'm here to pledge my daily NOPE. Who else is joining?

Kicked the butt 8/1/19

kittymom413

May-31

Stopping in real quick to make my pledge for today...It's a big NOPE for me!! Does anyone else want to join us? Here, take my hand...

Kitty cat

euknight

May-31

Gotcha Kittymom.  I had a cat just like the one in the pic.  She lived 18 years.  I love cats but am a dog mom now.

Honored to take your hand and join you on this last day of May.  Come join us friends!!

Peggy 5-8-20

overdoz

May-31

I am recommitting to my commitment to stay quit from smoking. 

Overdoz quit 04-17-2020

euknight

May-31

Hey Dee.....

Wanted to thank you for the yoga/Pilates suggestion a while back.  I have found a yoga alternative routine I love.  Night seems to be the time I need it the most to calm down.  My lab/border mix Jackson is a scream.  Must get in on it.  Like he is saying....this floor is my territory, mama!!  He plopped down on the back of my mat and I had to work around him!!!

Gosh, I am so proud of your bravery doing the video date thing.  I don’t think I am ready for that one.  I would be Jones ing big time.  You go girl!!  Lead the way on that adventure!  Lol

I actually got up early for the first time in 3 weeks today and did 2 hours of hard work.  It felt really good.  I like to get out there at sunrise.  I mowed some pasture last night but it was still a little hot.  Since I have been sleeping in I was not getting as much accomplished but decided at the quit that that was more important and I needed to sleep for once!

I think my energy level is still fluctuating some.  I had some craves this morning on the phone.  I acknowledged what was happening and turned my attention to other things.  I got this funny image of a chunky little kid sticking out his bottom lip pouting.  Lol.  I like the quote.  Can really relate.

Hope you have a blessed day

Peggy

5-8-20

Jatchat

May-31

Hi Peggy,

I will join you and pledge NOPE, who would like to join us?

Kind regards

Anthony 

euknight

May-31

YES Overdose.  You can do this!!  NOPE NOPE NOPE....Do not give much thought to the crave.  Acknowledge then fling it away like a fly.

Got your back

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

May-31

Hey Peggy...

You are rocking it girl. “Keep on rocking in the free world...”

Sorry...a little Neil Young came to mind.

Keep it up GF!

JerseyDee

May-31

Hello Peggy.  So glad you like the pilates and yoga.  My cat gets totally on top of me when I am on the mat as well.  As you say, pets believe the ground is *their* territory.

This virtual dating thing is not for the faint of heart .. let me tell you that much.  I haven't heard from the guy from last and I want a do-over and not sure if it's too late for that : ( 

I am not  a drinker at all.  But I had a couple drinks beforehand to calm my nerves. The result .. I was tipsy,  And because of that I think the conversation my not have flowed well. I was  a little loud and clumsy and come to think of it slurred my words at moments .. since I do not drink regularly the alcohol went straight to my head.

Now I am wrestling with sending him a message to explain myself and give my number to him should he be at all interested in giving me a chance to redeem myself or just let it go, move on, and accept defeat on this one.

i am getting mixed reviews from friends on what to do about this.  This whole online stuff is TOUGH though,  Very.  Dating is not the way it was 20 yrs ago when I was in my 20's .. the rules have all changed due this online component and then add covid lockdown into the mix .. yikes .. it is tricky.

it is hard to find someone you are actually interested in though and this guy I actually am interested in.  Could just kick myself for pouring all that liquid courage of Amaretto sours though.  Dang it.  Would you email him a brief email to explain oneself and give an effort to try to revive this or just totally let it go?

I will paste the email I have sent to friends in what I am planning on saying to him in a later post if curious and if you need to make a decision on what you would do.  Let me know if you want to read that.

- Deana 

• Edited May 31, 2020 3:09 pm  by  JerseyDee