About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOPE Pledge Sunday May 31 ...    General Chit-Chat

Started May-31 by JerseyDee; 622 views.
euknight

May-31

Gotcha Kittymom.  I had a cat just like the one in the pic.  She lived 18 years.  I love cats but am a dog mom now.

Honored to take your hand and join you on this last day of May.  Come join us friends!!

Peggy 5-8-20

overdoz

May-31

I am recommitting to my commitment to stay quit from smoking. 

Overdoz quit 04-17-2020

euknight

May-31

Hey Dee.....

Wanted to thank you for the yoga/Pilates suggestion a while back.  I have found a yoga alternative routine I love.  Night seems to be the time I need it the most to calm down.  My lab/border mix Jackson is a scream.  Must get in on it.  Like he is saying....this floor is my territory, mama!!  He plopped down on the back of my mat and I had to work around him!!!

Gosh, I am so proud of your bravery doing the video date thing.  I don’t think I am ready for that one.  I would be Jones ing big time.  You go girl!!  Lead the way on that adventure!  Lol

I actually got up early for the first time in 3 weeks today and did 2 hours of hard work.  It felt really good.  I like to get out there at sunrise.  I mowed some pasture last night but it was still a little hot.  Since I have been sleeping in I was not getting as much accomplished but decided at the quit that that was more important and I needed to sleep for once!

I think my energy level is still fluctuating some.  I had some craves this morning on the phone.  I acknowledged what was happening and turned my attention to other things.  I got this funny image of a chunky little kid sticking out his bottom lip pouting.  Lol.  I like the quote.  Can really relate.

Hope you have a blessed day

Peggy

5-8-20

Jatchat

May-31

Hi Peggy,

I will join you and pledge NOPE, who would like to join us?

Kind regards

Anthony 

euknight

May-31

YES Overdose.  You can do this!!  NOPE NOPE NOPE....Do not give much thought to the crave.  Acknowledge then fling it away like a fly.

Got your back

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

May-31

Hey Peggy...

You are rocking it girl. “Keep on rocking in the free world...”

Sorry...a little Neil Young came to mind.

Keep it up GF!

JerseyDee

May-31

Hello Peggy.  So glad you like the pilates and yoga.  My cat gets totally on top of me when I am on the mat as well.  As you say, pets believe the ground is *their* territory.

This virtual dating thing is not for the faint of heart .. let me tell you that much.  I haven't heard from the guy from last and I want a do-over and not sure if it's too late for that : ( 

I am not  a drinker at all.  But I had a couple drinks beforehand to calm my nerves. The result .. I was tipsy,  And because of that I think the conversation my not have flowed well. I was  a little loud and clumsy and come to think of it slurred my words at moments .. since I do not drink regularly the alcohol went straight to my head.

Now I am wrestling with sending him a message to explain myself and give my number to him should he be at all interested in giving me a chance to redeem myself or just let it go, move on, and accept defeat on this one.

i am getting mixed reviews from friends on what to do about this.  This whole online stuff is TOUGH though,  Very.  Dating is not the way it was 20 yrs ago when I was in my 20's .. the rules have all changed due this online component and then add covid lockdown into the mix .. yikes .. it is tricky.

it is hard to find someone you are actually interested in though and this guy I actually am interested in.  Could just kick myself for pouring all that liquid courage of Amaretto sours though.  Dang it.  Would you email him a brief email to explain oneself and give an effort to try to revive this or just totally let it go?

I will paste the email I have sent to friends in what I am planning on saying to him in a later post if curious and if you need to make a decision on what you would do.  Let me know if you want to read that.

- Deana 

• Edited May 31, 2020 3:09 pm  by  JerseyDee
euknight

May-31

Oh Hey Anthony,

Great to see you!!  Thanks for the congrats yesterday.  I finally had the courage to tell a couple of friends outside my close knit group ( my tribe) that I had quit.  So I did that yesterday.  You know how you never want to tell anybody because you are pretty sure it will be another epic fail???  I wanted to start telling some others this time.  Still want to keep the number small.  Feels safer somehow.  You got your month, right?  Forget your quit date.

cool about your new camera.  It was YOU who got me thinking about Fall.........my favorite!!  Alas I have a hot Texas summer to get thru but the pool is ready so will see what I can do.  Hugs to you.

Be blessed and have a marvelous smoke free day!!

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

May-31

Love that song!!  Gotta love Neil.  You the bomb, girl.  Always make me smile Ms. Lori Komaucha?  Sp?

Peggy

5-8-20

Loreficent

May-31

Yeah...my new name..Lore Kombucha! I like the name and LOVE the drink. Best addiction ever. Love Neil too. After The Gold Rush...

My stepson is gonna give me some of his SCOBY so I can start making my own...I’m spending a small fortune on it. Should have bought some stock in Brew Dr. Yeah...chomping at the bit here to get to Seattle to see my boy and get some SCOBY!!! No Summer Solstice Fest this year though...worried