About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sugar free bubble gum   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-1 by JerseyDee; 92 views.
JerseyDee

Jun-1

A new tool in my arsenal I shoukd have started sooner ... Been chewing a lot of sugar free extra bubble gum today ... Really gets my mind of cigarettes.

Highly advisable. Anyone else find this useful?

DbAnne

Jun-1

I never chew gum but, have been using Cherry  flavoured Halls cough drops for a few months now.  Really helps take my mind off smokes and gives me that chilled inhale you get with ice chip water too.  Although it probably has just as much sugar as the gum.  

In reply toRe: msg 2
JerseyDee

Jun-1

I try to stay away from things that have sugar in them and instead stick to sugar free things like sugar free bubble gum and sugar free werther's coffee flavored hard sucky candies.  I quit once before .. for 8 months seemed much easier that time for some reason .. and I used this gum and candy often.  

This time I bought them again at the $ store when I quit again but had them in a drawer and forgot about them just found them last night.  Really helps quite a bit.  Will be chewing and sucking quite a bit going forward now!

Reaching month 3 as of dinnertime tomorrow night and I am having a bit of a struggle lately, having even fallen off the proverbial smoke wagon last weekend .. I am bound to get through this month 3 ... would be a heck of a lot easier if the gym was open though and I had my life back in order.  Can not wait until such things open back up.