About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lung Cancer   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Jun-13 by skythrutrees; 6537 views.
justkee

Sep-24

Thank You So Much,

I will definitely take your advice!

Much Luck To You

skythrutrees

Sep-24

You're welcome. Please keep us updated on your treatments, and I will do the same. Best wishes! Mike

justkee

Sep-26

Started last Wednesday with radiation at 7:30 then straight to chemo for 4-6 hours then back to radiation. So far no adverse side effects. Keeping hydrated and eating lots of protein. Trying to stay positive and active! 

Thanks for your support!

justkee

Sep-26

Thanks...will ask my oncologist when I see him next Friday!

skythrutrees

Sep-26

Thanks for the update. I've noticed when I receive treatments that the people are so upbeat. Cancer treatments have come a long, long way in recent years. I know people who've had cancer for years and are still doing well.  All the best! Mike

Loreficent

Sep-27

Hi Mike,

How did your infusion go? I’m glad you speak to the kindness of the care you get from your team. I’m sure that makes all around more pleasant!

Hope you get on your bike soon!

skythrutrees

Sep-27

Thanks Lore,

I was at the clinic for a couple of hours, but the infusion only takes a half hour. They do labs, which are complete by the time I talk to the the doctor. Pretty amazing!

The PET scan on Thursday takes about an hour and a half. After the injection of the radioactive element, I have to wait an hour. The scan takes about 20 minutes. No carbs or sweets are allowed the day before, so I'm really quick to get a candy bar afterwards!

Mike

justkee

Sep-29

Hello Mike,

Wow we sound so much alike. I also had panic attacks beginning in high school. I also started drinking, quit for a while to have a baby and then started back when he was two years old. I still drink to help with anxiety and take xanax. I started smoking in high school and have tried numerous times using every method available. I was down to 4 a day then Covid hit and the chain smoking returned. Now lung cancer! I did go onto the American Lung Association website as you suggested. Best of luck to you with your treatments. Sounds like you are doing well!

Was your book published. I would love to read it.

Thanks For Your Help and Support

L McKee

skythrutrees

Sep-29

I have a PET scan on Friday and will let you know the results. I sent you a private message with a link to my website and book. Thanks for your interest. More later. Mike

justkee

Oct-1

Thanks and best of luck with your scan!