About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Back again   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Jun-17 by AliceMay5; 772 views.
ModDee

Jun-26

Hey there,

Congratulations on 9 months.   

(((Hugs)))

ModDee

Jun-26

Good morning,

One of the most heartbreaking aspects of relapses it that they erode our self-confidence and self-esteem.  We begin to wonder if this is sometimes we really can do.  I am here to tell you that Yes! you can do this.  You just have to find what works for you.   Over the last 17 years, I've seen hundreds of folks pass through this forum every year that has done it.  They were no better than you or me, just ordinary people trying to take their life back from this insidious life-draining addiction of ours and doing the work to make it happen.   Take a look at the article below on why the first year of quitting is so important. 

Just so you know I treasure every year that I've been quit; you will too.  The anniversary celebrations are less extravagant but no less meaningful, and I still am in awe,  and take much pride in the fact that I did something that I thought I never could or would do.

(((Hugs)))

joywon15

Jun-27

This needs to me my mantra for now

I love it, dont be afraid to fail, be afraid to not try

TinyBadger

Jun-27

It speaks well to us quitters, eh? You'll do this, just keep trying. It took me a LOT of times before I could get to the point where I decided that I really could quit and got "serious" about it. I know I can, I just know it. With my nrt, support system and this forum I know I can do this. You can too. Promise.