About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nope Tuesday June 30th   General Chit-Chat

Started Jun-30 by Eve1973; 227 views.
Eve1973

Jun-30

Good Morning all!

I am SO PROUD to kick off this pledge of NOPE this morning! Today is 5 months for me stubbing out that last crutch. I know many in the pledge are new, and I’m going to be honest, I still don’t have the peace that everyone talks about, but I have read that it’s different for everyone. But I would tell you I’m going to keep plugging along because no matter what My body is healing! I want to feel/understand that peace! 

So I have also noticed many pluses! My bags under my eyes have diminished, my mouth feels weird, figured out that it feels clean! Teeth whiter, don’t get winded as much.....so if you are a newbie or even and old hat, keep it going. No matter what YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Have a pleasant smoke free day!

Eve 1/30/2020

• Edited June 30, 2020 6:09 am  by  Eve1973
modanjim

Jun-30

Congratulations Eve on 5 months!  That is fantastic.   You may not be at peace yet but Im sure it is coming, and look at all of the wonderful changes that you see since your quit!!  relaxed

Keep up the great work!

I take your hand a pledge NOPE today!

Maureen

04/15/2020

JerseyDee

Jun-30

Good Morning Maureen, Eve, and everyone! .. I am here and taking this morning pledge.  I had weekend slip ups down the shore with smoker friend.  I am not proud of it .. but am out the other side of this.   Got through yesterday, Monday, just fine with little cravings but that might be as I had the gum to fall back on ...

Whatever the case my weekends of slip ups are DONE.  I am over it.  I am re-committing myself to NOPE .. NOT ONE MORE PUFF EVER .. I will get through this week as I always do ... but will not allow myself to fall off the wagon this weekend .. thankfully the BBQ I am going to is with friends who do NOT smoke .. so that helps ...

I wish you all a happy Tuesday.  It is sunshine and gorgeous here.  Nice summer day! .. and all even better for me as I have a nice sun kissed glow to my skin from the beach this weekend .. loving this weather .. it is so good  for mental outlook I look .. the dark winter days and nights can really drag me down : ( .. so glad summer is here!

I take this pledge with full commitment today and extend my hand out to whomever is next .... 

TinyBadger

Jun-30

I'll take your hand and pledge nope today. I'm very glad you're going to hang out with non-smokers this weekend, I think it might be for the best. The high today is in the low 60s and it rained all night, frost on my car and it's supposed to rain most of the day, too! Sheesh. Who's next to join us?

DbAnne

Jun-30

So what's your new quit date so that we can make sure we send out congrats on accomplished milestones. 

DbAnne

Jun-30

WAY TO GO EVE - 5 MONTHS AND COUNTING - YOU OUGHT TO BE VERY PROUD !!!

Congratulations Fireworks GIF - Congratulations Fireworks ...

Ginger3077

Jun-30

Good morning fellow quitters. I'm here for my daily NOPE pledge. Who else is joining?

Kicked the butt 8/1/19

euknight

Jun-30

Taking your hand, gladly, Ginger for today’s NOPE pledge.

Congrats sweet Eve!!!!

Woohoo!!!  5 months, man....So proud of you.  So what if it is still not peaches and cream but you are getting there!!  I’m kind of with Maureen on this one....look how far you have come!!

Love that you wrote what you have noticed in changes.  Thank you...I noticed the teeth thing yesterday!!  Never thought about the eye bag thing either!!  Lol!  I am starting to “get” why we write these things.

I want to personally thank you for being a steady presence on here for me.   That consistency is something that means so much to me and your honesty is something I really appreciate.

You the bomb, girl!

Be well this smoke free day,

Peggy

5-8-20

CC to Eve1973
Jatchat

Jun-30

Congratulations Eve!!! Another milestone up your sleeve.

I would like to pledge NOPE today and invite others to join us

Anthony 8 w

Eve1973

Jun-30

Thanks Anthony! You also seem to be on a great trend! 8 weeks is fantastic! You are doing well, is the therapy working for you?