About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jenn's journey of hope   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/23/15 by ModJenn (blakwolf013); 89554 views.
Msg 60.977 deleted
Triff (breathefree)

2/7/17

Janet that is just so gorgeous.I too miss Jenn as she was a wonderful help when I first joined here

Triff

Msg 60.979 deleted
Triff (breathefree)

2/7/17

Thanks Janet.No mail today.Perhaps I should remember that a watched mailbox never fills up.

Triff

Msg 60.981 and the next 1 deleted
ModJenn (blakwolf013)

3/14/17

My sweet, kind, and ever so thoughtful quit sister (((Janet)))! 

I will post an update as my 3D world has been very eventful. I read each of your posts and they gave me strength to know I was in your thoughts. You are also in mine. Please let me know how you are doing.

Hugs and love, Jenn

Douglas8845

3/16/17

Hi Jenn, 

Heard it's cold up there... are you close to Toronto?

MustQuit

1/27/18

ModJenn (blakwolf013) said: in her journal

The only thing I could do I have done. I put on my seat belt. Then I realized if I was going to go racing around like a lunatic a five point harness would be much better. Sufficiently strapped in I'm in for the ride bumps and all.

LoL...laughter is best medicine. Forget the patch perhaps....lol.

Simon2Blue

3/29/18

Hi Jenn,

Thank you so much for this journal posting. It has spoken a thousand words to me while reading it.

It is interesting to see how our different journeys in life has lead us to this point as a smoker to ex-smoker. What strikes me the most was when you spoke about cigarettes as "my companion and friend"

Although I lived a sheltered life with a good family and friends, good high school. I started smoking in university but at that time there was no attachment to it, as a creative individual it was more of a "cool" rebel act. It was only when I experienced a traumatic experience, that I fell into a deep depression and landed in rehab that smoking became the only companion and friend I had.

Looking back, in many ways it helped me cope. fighting out of depression, doing the impossible and saving failing grades to get my degree. Fighting through my early career, through discrimination to success. Building a second career as a model but falling into the drugs scene. I relied heavily on smoking to get out of it all. A few years ago, I moved to a new city, returned to my degree career direction, now in a wonderful gay relationship with a partner and have a beautiful daughter. Quitting the "companion" was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my entire life after everything I have been through but deep inside I knew that nicotine was never my friend, it was only a coping mechanism that I actually never needed but yet continued smoking due to addiction until now. 

Thank you Jenn, you have given me a lot of insight and internal reflection.

Warmest Regards

Simon