About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jenn's journey of hope   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/23/15 by ModJenn (blakwolf013); 84993 views.
In reply toRe: msg 986

My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me (Steve Maraboli).

My journal and the Forumily were so important as I fought to reclaim a life that was hijacked by my addiction to nicotine. I would re-read my journal entries and the wisdom from others. I still do to keep my quit fresh and on solid ground.

I am happy to say that I stopped killing my body and spirit on 23 March 2013 --> I've been blessed with my freedom for 6 years, 7 months, and 25 days (saving $29,172 for not smoking 48,620 cigarettes).

I wrote the poem below on 12 August 2013 with 4.5 months of smobriety under my belt. I am definitely not a poet. I can't remember ever writing a poem after I was a teenager. I came across it today and thought maybe my struggles can give strength to someone else. There is a warrior in each of us. Take it one minute and hour at a time if you have to and your days of smobriety will keep adding up!

#OwnHope

With a broken wing I try to fly.
This is my life while I sit and cry.
Where is hope with each step to cope?

When relapse knocks,
Darkness prevails.
With hope is strength, even in fear and despair.

A warrior lies deep within us,
Remembering why the journey begins.
An inner strength, a source of hope.

Just one more hour, one more day,
Regardless of what the junkie thinking may say.
Believe, hope, and know, this too shall pass.

Own hope.

Hugs and love to the (((Forumily)))

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-18

It's beautiful Jenn.  Thank you.