About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anthony 2 months today   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Jul-2 by euknight; 621 views.
euknight

Jul-2

grinning

Keep on keeping on Anthony!!  So proud of you on your anniversary today!!  You have been hitting it hard.  Thank you for your encouragement and presence here.  So may good suggestions.  It helps us all to see your consistency.

I so appreciate your kind chit chat notes too!!  That really helps tremendously and from the beginning you have been so welcoming. You are doing this Anthony!!  Rock on!! I Praise the Lord for you!!!

Peggy

5-8-20

CC to Jatchat
Eve1973

Jul-2

Happy 2months Anthony!

Doing great and congratulations! Celebrate with some fireworks even in Australia! Lol

Best to you!

Loreficent

Jul-2

Anthony!!!

WAY TO GO!

Slow and steady my friend. You are winning. I am very very happy for you! You’ve worked very hard and deserve to pat yourself on the back!

Keep On Truckin’!!!

sun_with_faceboomstar2

livtoswim

Jul-2

Anthony,

This is a good day for you for and me.  

A few words of gratitude for the day.

May you/we never forget how far you/we have 

come and the miles it took to get here.  

Whaoo! 

• Edited July 2, 2020 2:14 pm  by  livtoswim
Loreficent

Jul-2

Oh! It is your day too DJ??

Well a big congratulations to you as well!! Strong work Lady! Hope you have something nice planned for yourself!

hibiscusstarstarhibiscusbee!

livtoswim

Jul-2

Hi Lore, 

I am trying not to jynx it.  I will be comfortable once I get past 3 mos.  No big fireworks until then!! Yes I am am happy about the progress.   It's not easy. 

I am so proud of everyone on this site.  It's a good group. You are keeping me going. 

hugs

Jatchat

Jul-2

Thanks Peggy,

Yes it's another milestone, must be reaching a record for Number of days quit in recent time. It feels good knowing that I've defeated all those pesky cravings to get this far, I could not have done it without the support of this forum, all the helpful posts that quitters  have posted, all the helpful quotes that have become memes for a disgruntled generation: e.g. Why did I quit smoking? If I go back to smoking will I want to quit again? Is it worth giving up what I've worked so hard to do? Questions like these run through my mind when cravings hit, and praise the Lord I have come out the other side unscathed.

To all those embarking on a new quit career, never give up! I started this year with a firm resolve that this was going to be my year for quitting the cigarettes and it has taken about 12 attempts to reach this far, and so far this one has stuck.

Thanks for your help guys

Kind regards

Anthony 

Two months, 5 hours, 26 minutes and 30 seconds. 1898 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,389.03. Life saved: 6 days, 14 hours, 10 minutes.

Jatchat

Jul-2

Thanks Eve,

Yes that would do it, fireworks, wake up the neighborhood, let them know I am alive, LOL

Kind regards

Anthony 

Jatchat

Jul-2

Thanks Lore,

Slow and steady I like that, one day at a time, the tortoise and the hare.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Jatchat

Jul-2

Hi Deanne,

A double celebration, thanks for your post, and don't let the rain spoil your parade.

Three months is just around the corner only 31 more days, by then I will be down to 7 mg patches, trust your travelling well

Kind regards

Anthony