About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My Quit Day   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Aug-1 by Rana0657; 299 views.
Rana0657

Aug-1

Hi all. I am quitting today. ..being first day of Aug 2020

May god bless me 

slowblumer

Aug-1

Hi Rana,

Welcome and congratulations on quitting smoking.  You are one of the first August quitters so I attached the August's Group thread.  After a few others join you can get to know some of your quit buddies.  Quitting smoking is the single most thing you can do to improve your health.

An Overview of What to Expect After You Quit Smoking

Supplies to Stock Up On Before You Quit

Molly010

Aug-1

Good morning Rana,

I quit August 1, 2018 and remember my first day very well.  You have come to the right place.  Everyone understands the anxiety about quitting smoking and are here for you when you need it.  Be sure to post whenever you feel like you want to smoke and read up about your addiction in the articles.  I also read Allen Carr's book which was helpful too.  You are in for a battle, but it is one you can win and it will get easier, I promise.  

Stay close to the forum and best wishes to you on your smoke free journey!  

TinyBadger

Aug-1

Welcome! You're making a big change in your life, and it's going to be great. If you need anything, just holler. The people here are wonderful and ready to help with tips, advice and support. I've found this forum invaluable, and I hope you will too. 

xvaper

Aug-1

I am 32 day today, wishing you best of luck! I didn't think. I would last a day but here I am.you c an do it!

Lubbercat

Aug-3

Rana

Congrats on your decision to quit smoking.  Today is the 3rd, how are you doing?  There are lots of great people here and resources to learn from.  Good luck

Lyney

Aug-3

Hi Rana,

You've made a great decision to quit smoking. Welcome to the forum! The first few days can be difficult but you can get through it. How have you been doing?