About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Eliza 4 months!,   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Aug-10 by euknight; 1141 views.
Lyney

Aug-27

Congratulations Eliza, 4 months woo-hoo-hoo!!!

In reply toRe: msg 8
xvaper

Aug-27

Congratulations Eliza, well done! 

In reply toRe: msg 8
Elizaquits

Aug-28

Hey ladies!

Thank you so much!! Time has passed much quicker than I could have imagined! 

What are your quit dates? That way we can ensure there is a kudos post for you both as well! :)

CC to xvaper
xvaper

Aug-28

I'm 59 days today!  last night had a big craving, after. weeks of mild ones I did not smoke!

Eve1973

Aug-31

Good for you! Are the evening craves subsiding? Keep it up. I’m so so proud of you! You are beating the addiction! 

Remember the first 3 months are the toughest. So get thru the  next 29 days and you will be coasting. (Doesn’t always happen with everyone but most) so don’t be disappointed or upset if it doesn’t come. 

You have come so far, so why go through all the withdrawal symptoms again! You will be better off in the long run and healthier!

xvaper

Aug-31

I'm having a bit of a challenging evening today..Fighting the cravings though. which is ridiculous because cigarettes will not make me feel better or overcome stress. I won't lose my 60 days.

SusanK1960

Aug-31

You are right, it won’t help.

The following statement, which I found here on the forum and helped me immensely:

If I have just one, I will be right back where I started, and where I started was desperately wishing I could be where I am today!

• Edited September 1, 2020 4:25 pm  by  SusanK1960
Loreficent

Aug-31

Better yet X? I hope so. Just roll with it. Or go to bed early, though not that early there anymore... I also like that saying Susan posted and still use it. Good for you for writing it out and posting it too. That helps a lot to just get it out I think.

xvaper

Sep-1

Very True! I did bot smoke!

xvaper

Sep-1

Went to bed early. I'm happy I did not cave. Was not easy but. I did it!

xx