About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-31 by Terry (abquitsmking); 10985 views.
JoelJose

Oct-28

Hi Lorie, i just tried the Komboucha with Mango and Papaya. Sincerely, i didnt like it. There was no taste of Mango or papaya. However it seem to be a healthy drink and a rich source of vitamin C. Hardly, i could enjoy this drink.How did you fall in love with Komboucha.

Loreficent

Oct-29

Oh, hahaha! Don’t worry Joel! This doesn’t hurt my feelings at all. It isn’t for everyone. The drink base is tea, either straight black or black and green mixed. It is fermented which gives it a bit of sour taste. The SCOBY which is a culture of bacteria and yeast do the fermenting of the sweet tea, and leave very little sugar as that is what the SCOBY uses as “fuel” . The fruit is added on a second ferment, and this makes bubbles when the yeast eat the sugar in the fruit and die, and give off carbon dioxide. Similar to champagne but with not as much alcohol. All KOMBUCHA has a little alcohol, usually less than 1%. It is a process basically to ferment the tea and it leaves a lot of probiotics in it. So yes, it is good for you. Different brands taste very different for sure! Mine is also different from what is bought in the store. My daughter has been drinking it for a couple of years, and when I quit smoking I tried it. Just so happened that the first one I tried I really liked! Then I got interested to make my own. Trust me, there are many I have bought that I don’t care for!stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes There have been some I’ve made I don’t care for. Now, I am switching over to just making the JUN, which is only green tea and raw honey. I do some flavor with fruit, but it is so good plain! This one is hard to find in a store as it is more expensive to make because raw honey costs more than sugar. Kombucha has been around they think a couple thousand years! Maybe started in Tibet, but not sure if anyone knows for certain, maybe China. 
Im glad you tried it though! You are brave!! What brand did you try?? I’m very curious about that!

JoelJose

Oct-29

Hiii Lorie!!

I tried a brand called RISE. I drank it straight. I took the picture of it.i tried the one with mango and papaya. But i think there is no mango or papaya in it...have you tried this brand Lorie?

Loreficent

Oct-29

Hi Joel!

No, I have not seen that brand here. I just read about it and it is made in Montreal! Do you have other kinds too there? Portland is...not sure how to explain...into a lot of what some people describe as “hippie” things. Does that make sense to you? So a lot of natural foods and vegetarian and vegan restaurants and baked shops and stuff. So we have a LOT of brands of Kombucha. I’m sure other places do too though. But like where my sister is, near Detroit, not as much. 
Looking at the picture, maybe if you try again, try the ginger one. You like ginger?

Tomorrow I will get the bat picture for you! 

• Edited October 29, 2020 3:57 am  by  Loreficent
JoelJose

Oct-29

Yeah i like Ginger Ale Lorie. I thought i would pick ginger but seeing the mangoes and papaya at the side was more tempting.yeah? i am waiting for the bat picture. I hope you have a great day today? Do you have work?

Loreficent

Oct-29

No work today! Am making some soup and then will go get your Bat picture Joel!

JoelJose

Oct-29

Oh Lorie. You make me thrilled!!i hope the bat wont scare you when you take the click

Loreficent

Oct-29

It did last night, haha! That is why I don’t have a nighttime picture! I ran screaming!joy

Loreficent

Oct-29

Ok Joel...here is a scary bat for you! I will try again for dark pictures later.

Loreficent

Oct-30

I have to go to sleep soon for work. I hope you like the bat! Have a wonderful Friday Joel. Thanks for being a good friend. Even if you don’t like Kombucha! Haha! bee

• Edited October 30, 2020 1:39 am  by  Loreficent