About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 3rd NOPE Pledge    General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-3 by Eve1973; 243 views.
Eve1973

Sep-3

Good Morning everyone,

Very happy to pledge my daily nope! 

In the beginning of my quit this thread would hold me accountable, so if I pledged to you not to smoke, then I felt I would break a promise to my fellow Nopers. Now it’s still true, but I wanted to say to all the newer Nopers that it does get easier. Just hold on and ride that wave/ crave and know when you get to shore you will be on stable ground. 

Hugs to all

Eve 1/30/2020

TinyBadger

Sep-3

I'll pledge nope today! Im glad I'm past the constant nagging my brain was doing for cigarettes. It was maddening! I still get craves, but they are less frequent. You are right, it does get better.

kittymom413

Sep-3

You are absolutely right about NOPEing, Eve. Pledging NOPE everyday has become part of my daily routine. I feel that when I come here to pledge NOPE I'm promising myself that I won't smoke, but I'm also making that promise to my forum family. That way I'm "held accountable" for my actions & that makes me even more determined to make this quit my last quit!!

So today I will proudly stand hand in hand with you to pledge a resounding NOPE for all the world to hear!!!

Who wants to join us in making this pledge? Here, take my hand...we really are stronger together!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

Jatchat

Sep-3

Hi Kitty,

I will pledge Nope today, and invite others to join us

Kind regards

Anthony

Sunrise at Shoalhaven Heads Thursday Morning

euknight

Sep-3

Hi Anthony,

Gladly take your hand today and join the NOPE pledge.  Life is better without the cigs.  one day at a time.  The craves decreasing.  Looking forward to a time when they rarely come.

Even though it’s late please join us!

Have a wonderful smoke free day

Peggy

5-8-20

Ovivi

Sep-3

I’m always happy to join in taking the pledge of NOPE with my smokefree friends.

candrew

Sep-6

Hello Eve, how are you today?

I just passed my 30 days last week. Feeling pretty good looking forward to my next month. I had a tough afternoon today but I recited the NOPE several times and took deep breaths, Thankfully I didn't smoke.

Take care

candrew

CC to candrew
Eve1973

Sep-6

Hi Candrew, 

good for you! It will get easier. I do promise! Keep pledging nope everyday. It does make you hold yourself accountable. Please keep going! It honestly feels good when you know that you don’t have to live your life around cigarettes! 

30 days is great! You got this!

candrew

Sep-8

Eve-

Thanks for  your encouragement! I am finding it a little easier with each day,