About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nope Pledge 9/23/2020   General Chit-Chat

Started Sep-23 by Eve1973; 296 views.
Eve1973

Sep-23

Good Morning Nopers!

Happy to come on here and to smile! No cigs today! Not one puff ever......I love to be able to say this! Every minute, hour, day, week, and month that I say No......puts me closer to the “Peace” that I hear about. 

So take my hand and join me in say NOPE,

Eve 1/30/2020

TinyBadger

Sep-23

I'll join you and say nope today! I hope I get that peace too, eventually. Who will join us?

kittymom413

Sep-23

Good morning, Tiny & Eve,

First thing, I want to tell both of you how very proud I am of you. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest addictions to kick & both of you are rocking it!! Stay strong, you will get that peace. Until then, I've got your backs purple_heart And keep making your pledge every day as it really gets you is a mindset to not only fight the nico-demon, but to win this war!!

Second, I am grateful to join you to pledge NOPE today, Not One Puff Ever, that is a promise!!

Who wants to join us in making this simple, but powerful pledge? We really are stronger together!

Have a wonderful smoke free day, everyone,

(((HUGS)))

Kitty cat

CC to Eve1973
Eve1973

Sep-23

Thanks so much Kitty! I learned a lot from this forum! And I had to admit not only to myself but to others that I’m an addict. Once I did that, honestly it has become so much easier in some ways to say NOPE.  I want to thank you again for being supportive. Sometimes kind words help a tough day, or in my case......knowing that someone out there is rooting for you makes your determination more determined. Lol couldn’t think of word that I wanted! 

You are also doing so well! Do you still think about it much?

Winnetm

Sep-23

I will join all of you on saying NOPE to smoking today.  Today is actually my 5 year anniversary after smoking 1 1/2 packs a cigarettes per day for over 30 years.  Sure it wasn't easy, but with determination and support from my quit buddies and Marge I did it!  Just stay close to this forum....a lot of information, support, etc.  You can all do this!!!

Teresa

Eve1973

Sep-23

Congrats Teresa!

Hope to see you at 10 years!!!!!

kittymom413

Sep-24

Congratulations on earning your wings, Teresa heart I get mine on Friday. The September to Remember 2015 group rocks!!! I hope all is well with you & your family.

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat