About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New - Completely Miserable & Struggling   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Sep-30 by StruggleHard; 7533 views.
strong1977

Nov-9

you got this! don't give up, I have nine years in without smoking and it is one of the  best decessions i ever made for myself, you can do it!

Liz

StruggleHard

Nov-9

Thank you, Strong! I am working on Day 42 today. It is definitely better than it was a few weeks ago. It is also still not easy at all, but somehow I plug along. 

Msg 6203.47 deleted
GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-11

Hey StruggleHard,keep going.we are on the same boat!i am on day 50.its worth fighting.

StruggleHard

Nov-12

Thanks, JoelJose. How are you hanging in there? Do you still have the desire to smoke?

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-13

Not much StruggleHard and if the desire comes, they are not much powerful. What about you?

StruggleHard

Nov-13

It's definitely better than it was a few weeks ago. I still want to smoke far too often, though. I'm struggling with feeling like I gave up something I really enjoyed.. Even though that's the wrong mindset and there's nothing good about smoking. 

Really weird thing is that sweet stuff does not taste sweet like it should. 

Allamer1980

Nov-15

So I’m not far behind you both. It will be 7 weeks for me come Wednesday. I feel I’m at the acceptance stage. Reason I say, I have no desire and I’ve had two dreams in past two weeks. When I woke up; I was thankful it was a dream and didn’t want to start over.

I also was substituting more caffeine to make up for the lack of nicotine. Now I could care less how much coffee I have. It definitely didn’t help in beginning. One day last week I woke up and didn’t feel that “NEED” for coffee. 

As I’ve read the forums, I could relate to you both and others on symptoms. Everyone’s path is the same, but the time could Be different to pass. 

Early on in weightlifting I would get so discouraged how long it was taking me to put on muscle. Once I did, my body kept that trait. I can start lifting weights now and look like I’ve been lifting for several years. But what worked for me may not work for someone else. 

So you’re retraining your body. 

strong1977

Nov-25

Hey there, i am truly sorry to hear about your parents, i know how hard this battle is especially when loosing loved ones, with that being said, the only time one can quit is if they want this for themselves, quitting for someone else never works out, i know this for a fact because i had quit several times before this and it was always for others and not for myself, and each time i did that i was giving in and going back to smoking because it wasn't what i wanted, what made me quit and stay quit for the past nine years was when i sat down and i thought about how ,much i was smoking and the cost of smoking, when i did the math the truth is i could of bought myself a brand new car with the way that i was smoking, three packs a day yep not good for sure. if your wanting to get rid of the cravings drink lots of cold water with ice it def  helped me. this is a mind over matter situation because when your thinking positive about your quit you will keep going and that is what i did for the past nine years which i have been smoke free for. The best advice that i can give you is sit down and write all the reasons you want to stop smoking, and then all the reasons you feel you want to smoke, you will be surprised with what you come up with.

good luck on your quit journey, by the way my father had stopped smoking and he always wanted me to stop smoking but i would never give in, it wasn't until after his death that i realized he was right in quitting and wanting me to stop smoking and i have to say i am thankful for that.

you got this!!!!

Bernvang

Nov-26

How do i stop fighting with my extremely stubborn self? I dont ever want to lie about it, its either i do it or i dont. I really want to and i said i want to stop smoking by the end of the year. I hate the smell i hate l liking it so much when i have drinks i hate the hassle and cost so i already know im very close to being very serious about quitting. Im more struggling with the idea of how my mood will be and struggle with myself will deteir me from.sticking with it. Is it best i keep aeay from anyone i love for at least 5 days