About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

SusanK1960 smokefree a year 13th oct 2020   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Oct-13 by Arielle2019; 892 views.
Arielle2019

Oct-13

Congratulations dear Susan, in Sweden we now have 8am on the 13th of October 2020. 

This is not just any day but this is the date you have been smoke free for a whole year!!!!

I am so proud of you, well done Susan you surely deserve a big and loud hip hip Huurray!!!

tuliptuliptulip

Eve1973

Oct-13

Gm Susan......OMG the day has finally arrived and you have succeeded in getting through what is a difficult feat! 

You are a HUGE WINNER TODAY! You took your life back, you beat up the Nicodemon with force and you persevered thru the up and downs of this nasty nasty addiction! 

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YOU DID IT! You must be so proud of yourself and what you have achieved. I am! I may not have started your journey with you in the beginning, but I was definitely a cheerleader for you! You have definitely helped me on my way......and hope to be able to be in your shoes very soon

CONGRATULATIONS! 

Hugs to you!

Eve

CC to SusanK1960
SusanK1960

Oct-13

Arielle, it is so wonderful to hear from you!  What a nice surprise!  Your visit has lifted my heart.  I have missed seeing you here.  I hope you are doing well.  Are you still taking classes or has the virus disrupted your life in that aspect as well.  Thank you for remembering.

• Edited October 13, 2020 10:40 pm  by  SusanK1960
SusanK1960

Oct-13

Good morning Eve,

Thank you so much for the shout out!  It is a pleasure being with you on this journey and I have no doubt I will be congratulating you when you make the clubhouse in less than 3 months!  

Elizaquits

Oct-13

Susan,

Congratulations!!! A whole year without cigarettes - that is absolutely amazing!!! Thank you for leading the way and imparting your wisdom with the rest of us as you do! :)

I hope you treat yourself!!

Cheers!

Jatchat

Oct-13

Congratulations Susan, WOW! one whole year, that's awesome. Celebrate with a gift to yourself...champagne perhaps?

Kind regards

Anthony

Loreficent

Oct-13

Oh kind and wise Susan...I am so very happy for you on this success! Your sharing of your journey here has inspired and held many of us together perhaps far more than you know. A song comes to my mind for you today, Jesse Colin Young and the Youngblood’s “Get Together “ which has some very beautiful lyrics that make me think of you and I hope you will listen to it today. This verse in particular resonates for me when I think of you and your cause to celebrate today:

“If you hear the song I sing
You will understand (listen!)
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command”

You are truly one who has smiled on all of us here and made it through things without smoking that most of us would not have. I’m very inspired by you and many many thanks for all that you have given. 
Now! Enough of that mushy stuff as I’m starting to cry while writing...SHOW US YOUR KEY!!!

Celebrate big time Friend. You are worthy!

• Edited October 13, 2020 11:55 am  by  Loreficent
TinyBadger

Oct-13

Susan, you are rocking this! How proud you must be! You're on a journey that's been difficult at times but you persevered and held on to your vision. I'm so glad to be here to celebrate with you. Congratulations!

euknight

Oct-13

Oh a big CONGRATS to you, Susan....so amazing and truly wonderful to see you come to this I whole year smoke free!!!!  Makes me so proud and helps me see it is possible for all of us!!!

Way to go NM girl!!  Your perseverance in a year you had no idea was going to have so many other serious events, paid off big time.  The best year ever to make that healthy decision all for you!,!

So awesome!!

Peggy

5-8-20

SusanK1960

Oct-13

Thank you Eliza!  I so appreciate the well wishes! It is the forum friendships that inspired me to keep going and I hope they are assisting you as well!