About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Feeling meh   Quit Support

Started Oct-13 by TinyBadger; 4772 views.
TinyBadger

Oct-13

I'm feeling kind of blah. Today is day 125 and I'm feeling like, why bother? I want to smoke and I don't really care about the bad stuff. I keep reading my reasons for quitting but it's not helping. Shouldn't I be past this? Why do I suddenly not give a hoot? It's not like a strong craving, it's more like I want to smoke in general. I just feel like I've already done damage so why bother. Any support you guys could offer would be great because I don't want to smoke and then change my mind and start this whole thing over. 

Loreficent

Oct-13

Buck up!

You absolutely do not want to start this over.

Got one thing to say: COVID19 

Your odds at faring better if you contract this “nothing to fear” disease are much better as an ex smoker than if you start back. Just don’t. The temporary satisfaction is much better sought in more meaningful and healthful ways. Nap. 
You know this will pass. Let it pass. Wave bye bye.

Why don’t you make a list and post it here of a dozen GOOD reasons to start back. Valid, purposeful, useful, healthy reasons! If you cannot find 12 that pass MY approval Do.Not.Smoke. 

• Edited October 13, 2020 4:07 pm  by  Loreficent
Loreficent

Oct-13

You will pass it when you pass it. This is not a race or contest or measurement of anyone’s standard but yours. It is your integrity to yourself. It is what you owe your body and mind. Yeah, you had lots of “good smokes”. Now it’s make up time for all that lost time. Just do it. You will wake up one day and know when you are “past it”. Till then, carry on Tiny. Just carry the eff on.

Loreficent

Oct-13

And...I just looked. You already “Noped” today. So suck it up cupcake and know we love you. Get your Ocean going girl. 

Loreficent

Oct-13

Max is watching you Tiny. He feels like you do and he is not smoking.

Eve1973

Oct-13

As Lore said you Noped today! You going to go back on your word????

Suck it up cupcake!!! Lmao No seriously why why go back! You have done it so far, gonna tell you, yes my god these bleh days suck, but they get fewer and far between. Therefore you dig in deeper and say no to this junkies thinking. 

Loreficent

Oct-13

That’s right. Like Eve said. Just deal. Here...these anemones are watching you too and if you look closely there is a dark purple star there. See it?

CC to TinyBadger
Anne2020

Oct-13

Suck it up buttercup!  Is what you are looking for ladies.  If you don't really care than stay the course on the right side.  Smoking a cigarette is not going to make anything better.  Perhaps a strawberry banana smoothie?    Blah's doesn't mean you can go back to smoking.  You need to find something that impassions you.  Don't be lazy.  Go, find something worthwhile - do that.    

• Edited October 13, 2020 4:28 pm  by  Anne2020

Don't do it! I had those blues plus a headache and craves right before some receptors were about to shut down SO HOLD OUT!!!! I know you are so sick of this. But keep plugging on and accept the crappy stuff this addiction throws at you as that nicotine monster is being insistent and sneaky. He wants to see you fail and start up again. Don't fall for it ever again. Get outside start walking or doing some gardening even if your garden is perfect just change your thinking. This is a long slow wicked journey but day by day is all we can do. I wish there was a faster way but there isn't. You sure don't want to be outside during the winter freezing your fingers and stinking of stale horrible cigarettes. It's not a pretty picture. So stay close to the forum and keep going! 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Loreficent

Oct-13

Ok...you’ve got Eve, Anne, Debbie, me, Max, a bunch of anemones and a Starfish all in your corner Ms. Tiny. Make that smoothie, walk your dogs, then turn on your Ocean and lay down. I’m going to the store and if I come back and you smoked I will get in my car and drive to Montana and kick your butt, you hear me? It is not that far away so don’t you dare tempt me.