About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New here, need all the support I can get!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Oct-19 by Kay0619; 439 views.
Kay0619

Oct-19

I think I posted in the wrong folder, so doing it here!

7 years ago, I worked a very toxic job. The job itself is okay, but the people around me were bad influences. I started drinking more and one of them introduced me to vaping (I had never smoked before) and it went downhill from there. I thought it would be just something fun to do, but it has taken over my life.

The convenience of vaping made me do it more. I do it all day, no matter why I’m doing. I’m married with two kids who are in 4 sports, all while working a full time job. The pandemic has not helped, and though I’ve stopped drinking I want to stop vaping. I don’t have any more juice, and am hoping today will be the day I stop.

Im already having a little anxiety but I am typing this because I know I will be healthier and have more energy for my kids. What are some tips for getting past the cravings? I’m really scared and nervous.

Loreficent

Oct-19

https://www.verywellmind.com/things-to-do-instead-of-smoking-2824746

Ok...try this. This article will have links to many others I think at the bottom as it may open in separate web page.

Kay0619

Oct-19

Thank you so much! Will start reading, I feel jittery and don’t know what to do right now. It’s hard to concentrate on work but I’m trying my best.

Loreficent

Oct-19

Well, just take it a moment at a time. It won’t help to look too far ahead. And in the beginning it helps to just stay in the moment as moments add up and before you know it the first day is done! Be happy about this! You will not regret it in a month, or even a week! The first 3 days are hardest. But those days will go by either way and you may as well have a sense of accomplishment when they do!blush

Loreficent

Oct-19

Read all the things from Terry too at the beginning of October thread! Such good help and advice there!

Kay0619

Oct-19

Will do! I have a lot to do here at work since it’s Monday, but so far I’ve been jogging in place and it helps. My goal is to get to 10k steps today, my daily average is about 6k.

Loreficent

Oct-19

Do it! Go Kay!!! You are way stronger than you know! Seriously? Four kids?? Wow. You have got to quit. Think of all the college money!joy And how you will be there for them and be so much more present. 
Drink tons of water! Hard to smoke or vape if you’re peeing all the time! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Kay0619

Oct-19

Haha, so true!! Water has been my friend this morning. Who knew jogging in place would make me so tired, but then again that could be my weak lungs. Sigh. I’m feeling good right now, going for lunch will be the test. 

Loreficent

Oct-19

Your food will already taste better. And you don’t need to stress about hurrying to eat so you will have time to vape after. See? Already something good!! Eat healthy stuff. It helps!