About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 21 - WEEK 3    Quit Support

Started Oct-23 by Jaka38; 13590 views.
Loreficent

Jan-1

Hey Jaka! Happy New Year!

Hope it is off to a good start and life is going well. I’d give you a weather report, but, like many things...not much changed. Drop a line sometime and let us know how it’s going. Hope all is well with the new place.blush

Changed my mind. I miss the little zeros so will put them even if not much is different.

Portland 3°C  Ljubljana 4°C  Looks like you have sun though and we don’t.

Jaka38

Jan-1

Thanks Lore and happy new year to you as well. And the rest of people here. I have been off lately but am still smoke free which is amazing. There were some temptations during holidays but nothing serious. I was thinking to sneak one from my brother in law ha ha. Didn't do it but it was quite intense. Probably because I had some drinks as well. It's been really difficult year but I'm so glad I finally decided to quit fir good. I'm really thankful to this forum especially to you Lore. How are you doing? Tell me something. I'm sorry I've been so off lately but it's a nuthouse in ky country and I want to use my phone as little as possible because you know how it is with this devices. I know that time spent on screen influences my overall mood. And that's affecting my family as well since we are still in quarantine. It's disaster but don't want to bore you with that. Again: happy new year and stay quit stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Loreficent

Jan-1

What do you want me to tell you Jaka? I think I’m confused....do I know anything??joy

I am so so happy to hear from you!! Are you worried about someone tracking something on your phone? Should I not ask that here? joy I know some devices are bad for mood, yes. But some are good too! Like, say for example, a toaster! That makes good stuff. Or a washing machine. Or my most favorite device maybe is the microwave. Maybe. 
By the way, is not only your country that is a nuthouse. I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that perhaps it is the world. Whatever. We can come here and complain about it, so maybe not all bad!

Good to hear from you. Tell Nika hi too. I’ve scared her off I think and feel badly about that. 
Don’t be a stranger!

Jaka38

Jan-3

You didn't scared her. She is writing all the time and spending her work time on internet. That's why she doesn't want to spend her free time as well. That's all. Again, You didn't scare her. I meant something similar. Not that someone is following me joy That's a good one. It's just that there are not so many hours in a day and I don't want to spend all of it with my phone in my hands. Because it's a second addiction in a way. It's also bad influence for my children. They are so young and already wants to have this so called smart phone. No wander if they saw us all the time...

I don't want to go to wrong direction with this. I'm not sure if I made some sense of it?? joy Anyway great to hear from you as well. 

Loreficent

Jan-3

Oh good, I’m glad Nika is not scared away. Yes, Jaka, what you said makes great sense. It’s wonderful that you are aware of the example for your girls. And for you too, to disconnect more from screens. I need to do this as well. I don’t generally make what is called New Year’s resolutions, but it is something that I want to be more mindful of. I think in many ways the Pandemic makes it more challenging for many people and this is how to stay or feel connected some? Maybe that is just an excuse too. But it can quickly become an addiction and habit too. I won’t go on and on as I know you understand. 
Im glad too nobody is following you on the phone!joy You see, here, we watch many dumb movies with this kind of concept, haha. Actually it is very sad how people think sometimes and that this crosses the mind. I’ve heard a few patients say already they won’t get the COVID vaccine because they think there is a tracking device in it. Ok. Well, I will take my chances on that one and let whoever wants to follow me by some tracking device in the vaccine do so and see just how amazing and convoluted my movements are, lol!joy Where does this kind of thinking stop, I wonder? Well, good luck for them because they are gonna die of boredom tracking my happy behind! Haha. Actually what I was told is first vaccine has one part and second vaccine activates it. Yeah, all these Scientists are just James Bond in disguise maybe. Too bad we don’t have a vaccine for stupid. Or to make one see reality maybe. Or! If they are so smart with all of this, why is there no vaccine to make people not smoke? Aha! Because Big Tobacco would lose too much money maybe? I don’t know...now I am going down too far a path with this.joy My point is, maybe, don’t watch too many movies either as well as be on screens like here! Yes, that is my point. Screens are bad. So I gotta get off here before I explode. Or before I get the other half of the tracking device injected anyway. I don’t want to lead the bad guys to my friends! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

gkim

Jan-3

Great points, Lor, and funny. If being tracked is your concern, throw away your cellphone. Why worry about this stuff? If you’re not a criminal who cares. Of course, I get the principle of it but we can’t worry about these things, I think...

Jaka38

Jan-3

joy actually lore this was bad example. Yes, to have some time off from screens is important but this forum is still not the worst of it. Quite the opposite. I hope you didn't read it that way. It's really important place for me. It's actually life saving in a way. To find this place. I need to stick to it because I have a very destructive tendency. I do something like this quit with a lot of enthusiasm at a beginning but than slowly forgetting about it and going back. Not just smoking, plenty other stuff as well. So I need to stay connected here because I know I'm still not on a safe place even though I rarely think of it. There was one exception during Christmas dinner when I caught myself thinking of stealing some cigarettes from my brother in law. Good thing we're still in lockdown joy

gkim

Jan-3

I agree about how we can forget about what it was like when we were enslaved by an addiction. I guess that’s why I’m AA, they say you continue to go to the meetings so you never forget. I’m still new to this not smoking - today is day 60 so I still have to make an effort everyday to not smoke so I’m pretty often. We’ll see how I am after I feel comfortable. 

Loreficent

Jan-3

Oh,of course I didn’t read it that way. This place is probably this single biggest reason for my success so far, really. It does make a tremendous difference for so many of us to have the camaraderie we all have with others in the same boat. I think it is normal too Jaka for most of us to be very motivated and enthusiastic early on and for that to wear off as time goes on. I think that is human nature to do this with many things. As they say, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions “ joy

I don’t think it is a sign of you being overly self destructive at all though.  Perhaps you are in other ways and I don’t know, but as far as the smoking and still having urges and struggling to stay afloat, that is normal I think for a long time. Then one day...Voilà! You realise you haven’t thought about it for days! At least this is what folks here say, but I’m not there yet either. Many days I make these little schemes in my head how I can buy a pack and smoke one and throw them away. Still. It sucks! I won’t because I know where that would put me. It sounds like this is actually better for you than me. 
You are always so gracious and kind and thoughtful, thinking about how things sound. Do you realise how grounded you really are? You have a very good level of self awareness it seems. 
And if you ever do need that life line, just float East! blush Is not any warmer though, I must say. 

Loreficent

Jan-3

Right?? There are far bigger things to worry about for sure!