About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trying to quit   Quit Support

Started Oct-25 by shatiag; 453 views.
shatiag

Oct-25

Here I go once again trying to quit this horrible habit I am currently 5 months pregnant and feel so awful but I won’t give up trying to quit smoking

Loreficent

Oct-25

Ok, great! Have you destroyed the ones you have left already? Is this your first baby? 
Well, the fact you are still trying is fantastic. It won’t help to beat yourself up. Just stay close here and soon there will be others to support you as well! blush

shatiag

Oct-25

Yes I have and no this isn’t my first baby but I started smoking after I had my 2nd child 6 years ago haven’t tried quitting at all and now that I’m pregnant I thought it would b easy but I keep telling myself 2morrow im going to stop and now here I am 5 months later I have tried to even isolate myself because everyone I kno smoke it’s like I’m surrounded by it and I really have no will power 

Loreficent

Oct-25

Well, I think will power is definitely a piece, but not the whole answer. First, you are an addict. The more you learn about the addiction, the more tools you will have to overcome it! blush It will be the single best thing you do for yourself and your baby and child. It will be hard, but, it is certainly some you can achieve and you won’t regret it! 

Jaka38

Oct-25

Hi there. I can't imagine how is it for you being pregnant. Lot of pressure. Anyway, you're not long time smoker and you want to quit. That's positive about it. Now you find this forum, so do a lot of reading in library section and post as much as possible. You'll do it, you'll see. Not just gor a baby, gor yourself especially...

TinyBadger

Oct-25

How are you doing today? You holding up? What can we do to help?

In reply toRe: msg 5
shatiag

Oct-25

Thank you and I will read and make a plan 

shatiag

Oct-25

So far today I haven’t had a smoke and been drinking lots of water I guess it wasn’t as bad as I think it will seem I’m jus scared to go thru the withdrawal and everything but today wasn’t so bad

TinyBadger

Oct-25

The withdrawals can be intense but you can get through them. Promise. I'm glad today is going well. If you post when you are feeling weak, people will respond and help you. Just stay busy, drink lots of cold water through a straw and go for walks, if you can. You can bake some cookies, take a nap, read a book...there are so many things you can do when you want to smoke! Keep positive and keep posting! Be proud of yourself because you have made a great decision for your health!

Jaka38

Oct-26

That's really wonderful. Just ho one day at a time. You have great motivation but I guess it's good to think of your own wellbeing as well. Good luck