About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No Subject   Health Support and Encouragement

Started Oct-26 by shatiag; 255 views.
shatiag

Oct-26

Day 2 and I feel like it’s alrdy getting harder to deal with the cravings 

TinyBadger

Oct-26

I bet! Not to worry, we have all gone through or will go through what you are experiencing. Just remember that this is going to pass. Do something fun: crafts, reading, baking, walking, playing with your kids, the list goes on. Keep busy. Chew on gum, suck ice water through a straw or text a friend. Post here! We're happy to distract you or talk you through a crave. This is normal and part of the process. It's a marathon, not a sprint to the finish line. What csnji do to encourage you? 

euknight

Nov-4

Hello Shagtag!

Am in agreement with Tiny.  Whatever it takes just don’t smoke.  All the ideas she suggested....do them all and be sure to read the beginning of the month moderator notes.  So much good information.

Day 2 is a big one.  I remember my bedside table covered in mints, different style strays, several non alcoholic drinks...lol.  Do you mind sharing if this is your first try or are taking HRT?  We can always help direct you to members that may have had similar experiences.

We all are different but we will have your back if you let us. You can do this, Shagtag!

Peggy

5-8-20